PC1 This game is a failure on console...

Using the TX wheel for X1 and there's not enough buttons to map to the controls to let you map DRS, brake bias options etc.

Absolutely pathetic....since when is handbrake, look behind and cycle camera an Essential control?

Absolutely pathetic....since when is handbrake, look behind and cycle camera an Essential control?
image.jpg

Using the TX wheel for X1 and there's not enough buttons to map to the controls to let you map DRS, brake bias options etc.

If your hardware doesn't have enough buttons for all the functions, I'd say that's an issue with the hardware and not the game.

Seriously :confused: How many buttons does the wheel have? I haven't seen that problem from anyone else. Really like to know as its the wheel I will be picking up in a few weeks time unless this issue is correct in which case i may have to reconsider.

Seriously :confused: How many buttons does the wheel have? I haven't seen that problem from anyone else. Really like to know as its the wheel I will be picking up in a few weeks time unless this issue is correct in which case i may have to reconsider.

I have enough functions on PC, especially in advanced mode with the F1 add on.

However on X1 its dumbed down and all the a few of the controls like the pivot I use for brake bias in Rfactor are just repeated buttons, which is super dumb. Especially since I'm pretty sure there's this and MadCatz that work with X1....

But how buttons does the TX have?

Stock wheel, not including shifter and pedals, 1 d-pad, 1 two-way pivot, and 7 buttons. However the pivot is synced to start button, and the spare button is linked to A, basically making them useless as you can't map functions to them without replacing others. This is because rather than a PC which sees the inputs independently, X1 driver maps it like a controller.

The smart thing would be if Theustmaster, Microsoft or SMS could fix this but I have more chance of driving some of the cars in the game rather than that happening.

Shame because after some minor wheel tweaks it's actually a great game...

Yep...it's a very big problem. The TX, like all xbox wheels only has so many buttons. But most of those are mapped as "essential" in the game, which is idiotic. What really needs to happen is that a controller and a wheel can be used simultaneously, or that all buttons be able to be mapped independently on the xbox. Hope you are right snappy.

Yep...it's a very big problem. The TX, like all xbox wheels only has so many buttons. But most of those are mapped as "essential" in the game, which is idiotic. What really needs to happen is that a controller and a wheel can be used simultaneously, or that all buttons be able to be mapped independently on the xbox. Hope you are right snappy.
Definitely agree there. Two controllers would solve it all and give us buttons to spare.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%