This blew me away...

I always knew that Sol\CSP and other mods made the game look better but I never realized how much until tonight. Was running a race at Brands Hatch when I got a little too aggressive in turn one and she started to come around on me. I actually saved it, but after the race I was watching the replay and this shot came up on the screen. I had to capture it because of how realistic it looked. This is a straight screen capture from the replay. I didn't alter it in any way. If I didn't know this was from a video game, I would swear it was a real life picture.

Bayro_6.jpg

that happened to me as well. I was driving the AMR around " The Ring" and when watching the replay I was like wow. this looks better than PCars 2 in my eyes. Sol and CSP gave this game and whole new lifeline. And its a great core game on top of that.

full

full

it just sucks that the headlights dont show on the replays. that second pic would looks so much better if the lights were lighting up the roads like when racing.

That top pic is incredible. The lighting and overall colors look more lifelike to me than any of the newer sims.

Not sure why you have problems with headlights. I love to race transition races from dusk to night and I always have the headlights light up the surroundings for both my car and ai cars during the actual race and in replays. I've had to change the brightness setting from what the Sol developers suggest to get what I consider realistic brightness, but it does work for every car (both stock or mod) i've driven at night so far. Hope you get it worked out because it's pretty cool watching a night replay with the lighting effects these guys have pulled off.

That top pic is incredible. The lighting and overall colors look more lifelike to me than any of the newer sims.

Not sure why you have problems with headlights. I love to race transition races from dusk to night and I always have the headlights light up the surroundings for both my car and ai cars during the actual race and in replays. I've had to change the brightness setting from what the Sol developers suggest to get what I consider realistic brightness, but it does work for every car (both stock or mod) i've driven at night so far. Hope you get it worked out because it's pretty cool watching a night replay with the lighting effects these guys have pulled off.

For me it only works if I watch the replay while still in the race. If i watch the replay from the CM interface i dont get the reflections. Its weird. I posted about it in the Sol forum and apparently its a known bug. Im using the latest untested shader patch 0.1.36 and Sol 1.4.. But yah as with you those are completely unedited screenshots. This game looks so good..

I just tried it and I see what you mean. Never watched a replay from CM before. Actually, in the replay I watched, the stock kunos cars lit up the surroundings, but all the mod cars in the race did not illuminate the surroundings. Pretty weird.

I did read in the Sol thread about that bug and he said to use CSP ver. 1.30. I too am on 1.36 and since I only watch replays during the actual race, this bug hasn't effected me yet. Guess I could try to roll back to 1.30 and see if that fixes the problem in case I ever wanted to save and view a replay from CM.

I love the lighting and shading from CSP/SOL.
Here's one of my test from this morning.
Skip to 1:28 as the car is going through the chicane.
The environment has a very natural look to it.
Have you guys seen any of the previews from SOL 1.4 version 2?
I stumbled across it on Youtube a few minutes ago.
Do a search, but be prepared to pick your jaw off the floor.
It is stunning

Last edited:
I absolutely love the lighting and shading from CSP/SOL.
Here's one of my test from this morning....I too love the natural look.
Have you guys seen any of the previews from SOL 1.4 version 2?
I stumbled across it on Youtube a few minutes ago.
Do a search, but be prepared to pick your jaw off the floor.
It is stunning

I must have something set wrong in my audio because my URD Bayro doesn't sound that good or loud in external replay views like in your video.

Gonna go look up that Sol video right now.

Incredible shots guys. Had the same in the past few weeks only after I finally figured out how to set up everything correctly with the Motion Blur, Smoke, Volumetric Headlights and Sol. In the end it's like on TV:

fPZcytm.jpg

MDmNaUw.jpg

VXekoGD.jpg

gy9DPHp.jpg

You guys should check out some of the Camtool2 replay cams in case you haven't looked into it yet:

But be warned, with the right Sol and CSP settings it will drop your jaw several floors down.

Incredible shots guys. Had the same in the past few weeks only after I finally figured out how to set up everything correctly with the Motion Blur, Smoke, Volumetric Headlights and Sol. In the end it's like on TV:

fPZcytm.jpg

My headlights don't look that good. For some reason, and maybe it's just the mod car i'm driving, my headlights always seem to render wider than they do straight ahead. I'll go down the front straight at Monza and light up the grandstands. I lowered the headlight wideness setting in CSP and it didn't seem to make much difference.

Would you mind sharing what Lighting FX settings you use in CSP? Or is that some other mod that simulates headlights that you are using because I'd love to achieve that look? Also, would you happen to know which CSP setting determines how far ahead shadows get rendered?

Last edited:

fPZcytm.jpg

MDmNaUw.jpg

VXekoGD.jpg

gy9DPHp.jpg

You guys should check out some of the Camtool2 replay cams in case you haven't looked into it yet:

But be warned, with the right Sol and CSP settings it will drop your jaw several floors down.
damn. those are some great pics man..... some look like actual photographs. I will definitely check the cam tool out. thanks. I too am interested in your settings.

This is all stock CSP 1.36 and SOL 1.4, the cars used here are Kunos as well as mod cars (RSS) and the lights work like that in stock form. I also use the A3PP filter, have customized the Motion Blur (using CSP one, need to deactivate the Kunos one for it to work). I'm happy to check and post my Lightning FX settings but am pretty sure I haven't fiddled with it at all.

S5sJieO.jpg

uMst809.jpg

g1mogZw.jpg

mRFfTBA.jpg

Last edited:
Checked again and found two things that affect the intensity of the lights' volumetric effect, one is the presence of smoke/fog/sand/etc. anything that affects air particle density which CSP uses to determine the effect as far as I understand. So here is the same car as in the Paul Ricard shot above at night without any 'lightcone' effect:

wKsjzTS.jpg

Here the Ferrari at Spa with weather set to sand if I'm not mistaken:

GRutK2b.jpg

919 at night at Le Mans, headlights without cones but background clearly has some effect:

Gqxcdur.jpg

The other thing is the Motion Blur, it's a fine balane between going overboard and not having any effect so you need to play around with the settings of the CSP Motion Blur to get the desired (realistic) effect:

GSvJxJY.jpg

These lightcones look rly nice! I was also playing with the CSP motion blur yesterday, but i didn't found good settings on my own... it was just to blurry.
962_le_mans_.jpg

This is standard... some lightcones and blur could be nice. Later... :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.8%