Thinking of Purchasing,price of tracks?

I have a majority of other race sims but not this as yet,i was told to saty well clear due to the horrific pricing.

How much are seperate tracks? I cant find the price info on their website.

I would like Nurburgring,Spa and Laguna Seca,Nurburgring in particular

I understand the subscription has a decent amount of tracks and cars but how much are seperate tracks.

plus: you never really buy stuff, you just rent it. you need to get one thing from the outset: you are not so much buying a game but buying into a service which gives you access to countless races in different series (open wheeler, tintops, dirt, oval, multi-class, endurance ...) via a system trying to grid you with players of roughly the same strength, all of this happening every hour or every two/four hours, depending how popular the series is. plus, there is a system in place trying to make players pay for making mistakes which can be harsh at times but overall does what it should, i.e. weed out some of the unwanted behaviour on public servers.
all of this comes at a price (which probably also keeps out a lot of players). the first year i paid about 700 Euros, the second one the same, ever since around 50 euros a year, as you can lower the cost by participating regularly and by having leased a lot of content.
in its way it is unique, but certainly costs a lot of money for at least the first year or two.

disclaimer: i have been a customer for eight years and have been a satisfied customer 98% of the time. the online racing usually is beyond par without hassle and very little fixed commitment necessary. my ability as a racing sim player is mediocre at best.

I think once you wrap your head around the differences between iRacing and every other sim on the market it’s easy enough to justify paying for the more expensive content. There is one thing that really bothers me though: every so often iRacing will do an extensive rework of their content, like updating a track, and will charge players again to get the updated version of the track they already purchased. I haven’t been affected by this personally, but I’m still very put off by the possibility of it happening

Sometimes you get it for free, for example I never paid for the new Daytona or the new Charlotte if I remember correctly. I think that's because they were part of the original track/car roster when one started? When Silversone was updated I paid full price for the new version, but I "paid" with my participation credits so the bill shows 0.00 dollars. People who had paid for it within the last 24 months got it for free, I think.

Another note, buy content in bundles of 3 pieces and you will receive a 10% discount on it.
40 pieces purchased will give you a 20% discount always even one a single item.

To make your iracing work for you, try to max out your participation credit every season by racing 8 out the 12 weeks to receive upto $10 iracing credits every season which equals $40 a yr.

Which than can be used towards a subscription or content.

Honestly I would not say that the subscription has a decent amount of tracks and cars. Reason being, if for example, you want to race in a road league, you have to start out as a rookie license in a Mazda Cup at 5 or 6 default tracks. There are no real other options bar this one.

I subscribed for three months to try it at a discount price. It is okay once you get into it, and fun at times, but I dislike the updates and the upgrade structure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%