Thinking of getting a new video card

I have an HD 2900 1GB. Should I wait for a possible ATI fix or go ahead and get another card and which one? I am looking at a 9800 gt for $99, but I'm still looking in the $50-$150 range.

I do have Fraps and FPS at mid 30's on quick race with medium and only high textures, but career drops to 15-22.

• Bromo

What CPU do you have and how much RAM?
Dont forget, they are running an overclocked Core i7 which will cause a rise in fps in most games (except Crysis lol).

The 5750 will no doubt be better than what you already have but dont expect the framerates they are getting if you dont have their same setup. As a bonus you also have Dx11 as well :)

cpu

Got dual core 2.6/3.0 gb of ram and 3.0 with 4gb of ram. If that is not enough just time to upgrade. I kept looking at newegg, tigerdirect, and zipzoomfly. I did buy the 5750 directx 11 sold me, but directx 11 will run sluggish on the card like every other directx on the first series of video cards until the next series comes out.

• Bromo

Well, i dont think you will be dissapointed. Dx 11 will apparently run quite well and according to some review i read about it dx11 either matched or easily out performed dx9 & 10. But we just gotta wait for the games to be released lol.

Enjoy your card!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back