Thinking and Racing

Loved it Marino, and an interesting subject!

Enjoyed his comments; looking for landmarks, lining the car up, checking instruments, remembering to breathe :laugh: ...which I find funny 'cos sometimes I realise I haven't taken a breath for (what feels like...) a lap, my shoulders are hunched up, holding the wheel to tight etc. So, mainly I'm thinking, 'calm down you daft git':roflmao:

He seems to have a clear internal monologue that he is verbalising for us. I do check tires, fuel and mirrors as I come onto the main straight as a habit but I should definitely add breath and relax the shoulders to that list as well.

It is interesting to see his turning points as well, I do use them sometimes but less frequently, most corners I find the braking point is enough and I cue off of speed, turning points is something I tend to mostly only use for high speed flat outs that are close so I want that consistency but some corners just need them. The quick brake and turn corners just don't seem to have enough time to do that in my experience, my brain has too much to do with the cornering.

There's a few racing videos of this kind available on YouTube, with different cars and tracks. Good learning materials for anyone interested in the art of racing.

Any kind of expert who can easily perform at professional level has his own language, specifically designed and crafted for his domain of expertise. Top engineers, doctors, musicians... all have a sophisticated language that enables them to perform at expert level.

The driver from the video can read an understand the track and his car while racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back