Thinking about upgrading to a t500rs (opinions please)

I have a G27, and I hate the clankity-clank of being gear driven along with the deadzone in the center. The only thing holding me back from buying a t500rs is the number of bad reviews. People are saying that they are junk. I can't think of anything more horrifying than being stuck with a $600 paper-weight.

I have the th8a on order already for my PC.

OH and I hate force feedback (don't ask me why). I just like the precision of a racing wheel. The wheel size of the 500 along with being belt-driven is what interests me in the Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
I used logitech for many years. I now have a T500RS and I am very happy with the quality of the device.
They are a bit too expensive for what you get IMO. I wanted a "pro" wheel and from my research the choice was Thrustmaster or Fanatec in my price range. I decided on the t500rs due to the numerous reports of Fanatec users and issues with the products.

So if build quality is what is important to you then the t500rs should be fine, and the very decent FFB performance will be a bonus.

Upvote 0
I love my T500 with F1 wheel and Ferrari GTE wheels. The pedals are superb. You can't get better for the money. And that's a fact.
Go for it.

Upvote 0
OH and I hate force feedback (don't ask me why). I just like the precision of a racing wheel. The wheel size of the 500 along with being belt-driven is what interests me in the Thrustmaster.
You can't run the T500 unpowered (unlike a Logitech wheel where you can run it off USB and get the steering and pedals capabilities without the forces), which means you will always have force feedback. What exactly do you hate about force feedback?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing