FM5 Thinking about trying Forza 5?

Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios)
maxresdefault.jpg

This Thursday through Sunday Forza Motorsport 5 will be free to try for all Xbox Live Gold members. You can't beat that price, so why not give it a try?

From Forza Motorsport.net -

The Forza Motorsport 5 Weekend will allow you to check out the full Forza experience with special in-game challenges, play against others online and build your achievements and Gamerscore. During Forza Motorsport 5Gold Weekend, you will have the chance to compete in a special multiclass endurance race event, the Grand Tour of Prague. Complete this endurane event and drive at least 130 miles in the race to earn a new title and badge for your Forza Motorsport 5 profile. After the weekend, you’ll have the option to purchase the game online from the Xbox Store or visit your favorite retailer and continue playing. You will also get to keep your Gamerscore and achievements earned while playing, so invite your Gold friends to play and see who has the best driving skill.

As an added bonus, during the Forza Motorsport 5 Weekend event, Xbox Live members in the U.S. can qualify for a chance to win an all-expenses** paid trip to the three-day Forza Motorsport Grand Prix Road Racing Class at the esteemed Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Arizona. Internationally recognized as the leading authority on advanced driver training, Bob Bondurant has been at the forefront of professional driving instruction since 1968, and his racing class features world-class instructors that teaches thrill seekers and current or aspiring racers how to drive like the pros. See the full rules here.

You can download Forza Motorsport 5 by visiting the Xbox Store and searching for Forza Motorsport 5. Download the title and put your racing skill to the test. And make sure to check out Forza Horizon 2 launching Sept. 30, 2014.

Forza Motorsport is Xbox's answer to Gran Turismo. Loads of cars and tracks, stunning graphics, and relatively good physics. This is an excellent choice for the motoring enthusiast looking to try his hand at sim racing, or anyone looking for the ability to choose from and modify hundreds of cars and go head to head on some of the worlds best circuits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes the pc look very out dated..
Im running 2x 290 amd cards top 1% of all benchmarks and I have nothing that can come close to looking as good as this forza on hardware that's 3 generations behind me.
Very annoying and sad for the pc users who are generally more pro than console gamers,
They deserve better.

Last edited:
Im running 2x 290 amd cards top 1% of all benchmarks and I have nothing that can come close to looking as good as this forza on hardware that's 3 generations behind me.
Very annoying and sad for the pc users who are generally more pro than console gamers,
They deserve better.

Turn 10 is a very talented team with loads of resources which the developers of PC sims don't have such a luxury, however the physics and FFB on PC sims are way ahead of FM5 in my opinion so there's a trade-off.

Last edited:
They deserve better.

Same here: 2x R290x and Pcars looks worse on my PC than on the PS4 :(

Same here: 2x R290x and Pcars looks worse on my PC than on the PS4 :(

How is that even possible that it would look worse on PC than PS4? That goes against every game made except those that were purpose built with a better engine for a console like NBA 2k14 on PS4/XB1 vs PC, but that's really rare.

LOL, thanks but that's obvious :p, what I can't find is the special event inside the multiplayer.

During Forza Motorsport 5Gold Weekend, you will have the chance to compete in a special multiclass endurance race event, the Grand Tour of Prague. Complete this endurane event and drive at least 130 miles in the race to earn a new title and badge for your Forza Motorsport 5 profile.

I'm not 100% sure but with the June update the AA quality was improved, at least to my eyes...
Unfortunately I don't have a steering wheel for the X1 to judge the FFB, but IMHO the controller support isn't good like with the previous Forza games.

Hm, i'm not pad player, but tried FM4 once, now FM5 and even pCARS, and it definitely works great, mainly because vibra triggers. But again, im noob in gamepad topic, and can be wrong.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%