Things Are Happening at Reiza Studios

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Silence isn't always golden, and the silence from Reiza Studios has been deafening recently... leading many to remain curious as to what is happening behind the scenes..

As usual, the popular Brazilian team have been hard at work adding yet more goodness to both the venerable Automobilista title and the upcoming 'Reiza Pack' rFactor 2 DLC, however it looks like the level of work and time it will take to make everything happen has been a bit underestimated by Reiza, leading head man Renato Simioni to re evaluate just when things are likely to appear in the public domain. If recent form is anything to go by, I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it...

Taking to the Reiza forums today, Renato had the following update to give fans eager to know what is upcoming in the near future:

I understand and apologise that our communication hasn´t been the best lately, and our time estimates even less including the initial post...

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

• A new Automobilista update
  • Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
  • Announcing new official AMS competition
  • Release of rF2 Bundle
And there is more still to come before the year wraps, but we´ll get to that once we´re through with the above..
Good news for AMS fans, good news for rF2 fans and frankly good news for sim racing in general.

The next three weeks should be pretty exciting times indeed!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited to hear of further, unexpected, development coming to AMS? Looking forward to hearing of the new announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'll wait , and wait and wait.....I don't care , because I know Reiza will come out with something awesome , like they always do.

They are the reason I got into driving sim's ( at least at the level I play at now ). In 2012 when GSC came out , i just remember seeing a youtube video of the Brazilian stock car's , and I thought " God gawd.....I have to have that! " And have been hooked ever since , and it's also why I jumped on the chance to back them in their development stage for AMS. This sim is my favorite , and the way the Reiza team stay's in touch with everyone , and listen's ......they set the bar pretty high in my opinion. Love em!

• Deleted member 205301

Reiza rules, this time is more for "new title" (ACC, KK, etc...), but i'm still launching AMS with pleasure.

...I'm still tinking about the rf2 bundle : will I buy it ? why ? I already got everything from Reiza, so, maybe it's useless...still don't know what to think about...
@++

I wonder which cars will come to AMS :confused:
a wishlist:
-even more Caterhams
-some kind of DTM/Super GT
-any other GT cars
-Rally/Rallycross/Dirt content
...even nothing of this will happen, I'm amazed by the fact that AMS gets another Update and FREE CONTENT:thumbsup:

...I'm still tinking about the rf2 bundle : will I buy it ? why ? I already got everything from Reiza, so, maybe it's useless...still don't know what to think about...
@++
if you have everything from them then u get bundle for free
A Reiza studios rFactor bundle. Sorry, don't understand. Isn't that like a Project Cars 2/ACC bundle? Please help me understand this.
X studio (reiza) is making content (few cars and tracks) for Y game/studio (397 studio). In your example it would be Slightly Mad Studios dlc for ACC or Kunos dlc for Project Cars 2

"3 weeks max". Bold. :)

I really would like to see more partnerships particularly between Studio 397, Sector 3, and Reiza. Each one of them has industry leading strengths that the others lack and together they'd be a dream team.

From what I see, nobody's really going to achieve the success they want without iRacing-level multiplayer infrastructure and I'm not seeing any one company, outside of console racers and companies like iRacing, SMS, maybe Kunos, that could pull it all off.

Last edited:
Just get PC2 and you l have al sims packed in to one!
yes, but .. :)

I wonder which cars will come to AMS :confused:
a wishlist:
-even more Caterhams
-some kind of DTM/Super GT
-any other GT cars
-Rally/Rallycross/Dirt content
...even nothing of this will happen, I'm amazed by the fact that AMS gets another Update and FREE CONTENT:thumbsup:
I have similiar wishlist:
- anything

:)

My wheel is catching dust since mid July .. this could be finaly reason to check if it still works ..

Last edited:
Excited to hear of further, unexpected, development coming to AMS? Looking forward to hearing of the new announcement?
Excited is an understatement...LOL...Christmas is coming early for me this year with this Reiza update....absolutely looking forward to this.
Partnership you say...hmmm...Studio 397 to me personally would be the obvious choice as Reiza are doing an rF2 Bundle and it could be the rF2 GT3 cars as unforecasted content in Reiza's AMS...but what if it was Sector 3 Studios for the unforeseen content inclusion and partnership, that could work...purely day dreaming and speculation on my part...lol

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing