Things Are Happening at Reiza Studios

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Silence isn't always golden, and the silence from Reiza Studios has been deafening recently... leading many to remain curious as to what is happening behind the scenes..

As usual, the popular Brazilian team have been hard at work adding yet more goodness to both the venerable Automobilista title and the upcoming 'Reiza Pack' rFactor 2 DLC, however it looks like the level of work and time it will take to make everything happen has been a bit underestimated by Reiza, leading head man Renato Simioni to re evaluate just when things are likely to appear in the public domain. If recent form is anything to go by, I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it...

Taking to the Reiza forums today, Renato had the following update to give fans eager to know what is upcoming in the near future:

I understand and apologise that our communication hasn´t been the best lately, and our time estimates even less including the initial post...

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

• A new Automobilista update
  • Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
  • Announcing new official AMS competition
  • Release of rF2 Bundle
And there is more still to come before the year wraps, but we´ll get to that once we´re through with the above..
Good news for AMS fans, good news for rF2 fans and frankly good news for sim racing in general.

The next three weeks should be pretty exciting times indeed!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited to hear of further, unexpected, development coming to AMS? Looking forward to hearing of the new announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR VR
VR+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Could be my imagination but wasn't there once talks about a possible Senna game as well Reiza 17......what happened with those?

If there not gonna create there own engine and possibly not using the rf2 engine.....that doesn't leave much options that i am aware of......UE4 or the madness engine?

Not gonna lie but I would love to experience Reiza ffb on the Madness engine and live track 3.0 :)

Last edited:
Could be my imagination but wasn't there once talks about a possible Senna game as well Reiza 17......what happened with those?

If there not gonna create there own engine and possibly not using the rf2 engine.....that doesn't leave much options......UE4 or the madness engine?

Not gonna lie but I would love to experience Reiza ffb on the Madness engine and live track 3.0 :)
Personally i don't like the look of the Madness engine ! But at least it has VR :thumbsup:

Personally i don't like the look of the Madness engine ! But at least it has VR :thumbsup:
I like it on a 4k monitor....not so much in vr as I find it very blurry compared to other vr sims.

Reason I mentioned the madness engine was soley due to the amount of available tech. Reiza has similar content and the rallycross side could really shine with the weather and live track.

If there not gonna create there own engine and possibly not using the rf2 engine.....that doesn't leave much options that i am aware of......UE4 or the madness engine?

Out of absolute curiosity, does anyone know why the Id Tech engine is never mentioned in sim racing?

If you were looking for something with high frame rates, low latency and high fidelity it knocks UE4 out the park, and of course Rage had large driving sections.

Anyone ?

Excellent question, I had forgotten about the senna game. Did the project just vanish??? Or maybe the F1 periods covered (and the karting and F3) are not so appealing to justify a unique game... Or it may be not a good idea : what would you do? A game with only the cars that Senna drove? It's pretty limited and you would have only races against the same car. It would be just the same F1 than Automobilista with official cars and a slower mid 80s F1 (1984 toleman). The most interesting part would be the historical tracks, which I assume would be a lot of work. Or you could do z game with all the F1 for each season to compete against and, apart the licensing issue, you would have to make them available for the player, which is like creating 10 F1 games, or you could just make them available inly for the AI... This Senna game is not that easy to conceptualize...

Don't get me wrong, I'd like a Senna game, but not sure about the general audience and the feasablity of such a project. A Senna DLC for their next sim seems more reasonnable and feasible.

Last edited:

The Reiza FFB is only possible because of the underlying physics of the gMotor engine. It isn't a separate entity that can be bolted on to any sim. Too bad--would love Reiza to fix many other sims ;) The graphics could be swapped-out for something else, though. But not a simple transition as Kunos has explained with AC-->ACC.

The Reiza FFB is only possible because of the underlying physics of the gMotor engine. It isn't a separate entity that can be bolted on to any sim. Too bad--would love Reiza to fix many other sims ;) The graphics could be swapped-out for something else, though. But not a simple transition as Kunos has explained with AC-->ACC.

Kunos fanboys rarely mention physics like they are totally happy to get the same year after year ....like codies does with F1 every year and people keep lapping it up

imho they would all be better sims using the same new engine jointly developed .......and yes that includes rF2

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%