Featured Things Are Happening at Reiza Studios

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Lathander

Lathander

Ratings:
    +1
    VR please

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +489
    Rf2 camaro and corvette into AMS would be welcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Shut Up and Race! Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    You should run for office. :D

4. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +80
    VR+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +160
    Look. Lots of us want VR but that isn’t coming in the update. They’ve been clear about that. Realistically it sounds like an add-on car from an existing family. Metamoro? Dunno

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +80
    Pretty sure we all know that but we can still dream and remind everyone how important VR is to Sim racing ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,399
    I don't think anyone needs further reminding...

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,475
    Could be my imagination but wasn't there once talks about a possible Senna game as well Reiza 17......what happened with those?

If there not gonna create there own engine and possibly not using the rf2 engine.....that doesn't leave much options that i am aware of......UE4 or the madness engine?

Not gonna lie but I would love to experience Reiza ffb on the Madness engine and live track 3.0 :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  9. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +80
    Personally i don't like the look of the Madness engine ! But at least it has VR :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,475
    I like it on a 4k monitor....not so much in vr as I find it very blurry compared to other vr sims.

Reason I mentioned the madness engine was soley due to the amount of available tech. Reiza has similar content and the rallycross side could really shine with the weather and live track.

11. numbersevenhull

numbersevenhull

Ratings:
    +28
    Out of absolute curiosity, does anyone know why the Id Tech engine is never mentioned in sim racing?

If you were looking for something with high frame rates, low latency and high fidelity it knocks UE4 out the park, and of course Rage had large driving sections.

Anyone ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. roadyroad

roadyroad

Ratings:
    +23
    Excellent question, I had forgotten about the senna game. Did the project just vanish??? Or maybe the F1 periods covered (and the karting and F3) are not so appealing to justify a unique game... Or it may be not a good idea : what would you do? A game with only the cars that Senna drove? It's pretty limited and you would have only races against the same car. It would be just the same F1 than Automobilista with official cars and a slower mid 80s F1 (1984 toleman). The most interesting part would be the historical tracks, which I assume would be a lot of work. Or you could do z game with all the F1 for each season to compete against and, apart the licensing issue, you would have to make them available for the player, which is like creating 10 F1 games, or you could just make them available inly for the AI... This Senna game is not that easy to conceptualize...

Don't get me wrong, I'd like a Senna game, but not sure about the general audience and the feasablity of such a project. A Senna DLC for their next sim seems more reasonnable and feasible.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  13. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +80
    Is that the Wolfenstein 2 engine ? That would look and run great !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SamuelSouza

SamuelSouza

Ratings:
    +5
    As a Brazilian and knowing how hard is developing games here, I'm really proud of these guys, I hope for the best, and I'm really hyped to see what they have for us!

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. roadyroad

roadyroad

Ratings:
    +23
    Yes, the doom 2016 engine. the id tech engine performs very smoothly and allows great visuals. It may be too expensive or too uneasy to use. Maybe after rage2 some sim developpers will be interested. But it would be a great way to have a different look than the UE4 sims that are coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. B1LouTe

B1LouTe

Ratings:
    +0
    No support VR :(

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +226
    The Reiza FFB is only possible because of the underlying physics of the gMotor engine. It isn't a separate entity that can be bolted on to any sim. Too bad--would love Reiza to fix many other sims ;) The graphics could be swapped-out for something else, though. But not a simple transition as Kunos has explained with AC-->ACC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    VR users must be the most opinionated self centered simmers ever

I guess it is that good :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    Kunos fanboys rarely mention physics like they are totally happy to get the same year after year ....like codies does with F1 every year and people keep lapping it up

imho they would all be better sims using the same new engine jointly developed .......and yes that includes rF2

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +80
    I map buttons to centre self in VR :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.