Things Are Happening at Reiza Studios

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Silence isn't always golden, and the silence from Reiza Studios has been deafening recently... leading many to remain curious as to what is happening behind the scenes..

As usual, the popular Brazilian team have been hard at work adding yet more goodness to both the venerable Automobilista title and the upcoming 'Reiza Pack' rFactor 2 DLC, however it looks like the level of work and time it will take to make everything happen has been a bit underestimated by Reiza, leading head man Renato Simioni to re evaluate just when things are likely to appear in the public domain. If recent form is anything to go by, I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it...

Taking to the Reiza forums today, Renato had the following update to give fans eager to know what is upcoming in the near future:

I understand and apologise that our communication hasn´t been the best lately, and our time estimates even less including the initial post...

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

• A new Automobilista update
  • Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
  • Announcing new official AMS competition
  • Release of rF2 Bundle
And there is more still to come before the year wraps, but we´ll get to that once we´re through with the above..
Good news for AMS fans, good news for rF2 fans and frankly good news for sim racing in general.

The next three weeks should be pretty exciting times indeed!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited to hear of further, unexpected, development coming to AMS? Looking forward to hearing of the new announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thanks Paul for replicating the comment here :)

Couple of important clarifications I´d like to add to those original comments:

1- The AMS update is a compilation of small simple-ish fixes and content updates we´ve put together since the last release. Don´t expect new features or in-depth improvements, as previously announced v1.5.1 had already marked the end of AMS core development.

2- The package from the rF2 Bundle will be delivered to S397 in the 3-week time frame but actual public release will still be at the discretion of S397, may take a bit longer than that depending on their schedule.

As usual, the popular Brazilian team have been hard at work adding yet more goodness to both the venerable Automobilista title and the upcoming 'Reiza Pack' rFactor 2 DLC, however it looks like the level of work and time it will take to make everything happen has been a bit underestimated by Reiza, leading head man Renato Simioni to re evaluate just when things are likely to appear in the public domain. If recent form is anything to go by, I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it...

Taking to the Reiza forums today, Renato had the following update to give fans eager to know what is upcoming in the near future:

I understand and apologise that our communication hasn´t been the best lately, and our time estimates even less including the initial post...

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

• A new Automobilista update
  • Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
  • Announcing new official AMS competition
  • Release of rF2 Bundle

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam
I have been with you since the beginning.. level backer

There is one issue with sound... we'll lose the surround sound of AMS because rF2 is still stereo-only.

Thanks forgot about that one.

I am hoping that rF2 fans will find both the Reiza tracks and cars absolutely top-notch compared to anything available in rF2. Sure, AMS and rF2 each beat each other with a few better features, but the Reiza rF2 content can really only be compared to other rF2 content, including that from S397.

I'd say rF2 has pretty high audio standards currently, if you ignore the lack of surround sound. I'd probably even say the newer cars are up there with Raceroom when it comes to sound.

Are you talking about DLC cars? Because the latest free cars do not have impressive sounds.

I guess I am, because I rarely drive anything else lately. And I'm also a bit unclear on which free cars are S397 work. But I quite liked the three free McLaren's that were made available recently, and I think those were S397...?

I'd say rF2 has pretty high audio standards currently, if you ignore the lack of surround sound. I'd probably even say the newer cars are up there with Raceroom when it comes to sound.

The sounds are more than acceptable yes, but two huge quality of life improvements ought to be made with

1) the all in one crash, suspension, car flooring sound - in fact I've never been absolutely sure what it represent, other than it sounds like a large piece of oak being twisted then taking a battering on a 19th century tea clipper, and it is bloody awful

2) If you bought the game and don't switch to Crew Chief which is probably the case for many new buyers, that spotter !!! Almost a jump scare every lap. A ONE, TWENTY TWO, THIRTY EIGHT. Caps don't even do it justice

They are, indeed.

And to clarify, which is needed because of my shorthand writing, when I said the latest free cars, I meant the ones over the past year or so, not just the latest McLaren's. Some cars sound very "digital" with flat and/or grating sounds versus the fuller and more natural sounds consistently found in AMS, R3E (not counting other sims using completely different other sound engines).

In terms of overall audio, I'd place the top three as such:
  1. ACC
  2. RaceRoom
  3. iRacing
AMS has very good audio samples but, the sound engine is a bit limited in certain ways, rF2 - even more so. Granted, the gap among titles in terms of in-car audio is not that great in some cases but, still miles apart in replay audio.

Reiza have done an excellent job with the audio enhancements and details imo, despite some sound-engine limitations. I especially like the way they use tire sounds with surround and varied engine samples to represent different aspects of how most engines sound-characteristics can change based on load-conditions.

Drivetrain behavior is another aspect that more titles need to enhance imo (Area where RR excels by far, imo). Drive-train elasticity should not only be evident in the audio but, also in the physics and ultimately, in motion cues and RR does that better than any other title (AFAIK).

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping to hear something about their new game and how it was coming along..oh well, we got all of next year for that I suppose.

When they have figured out what combinations of tech they will use (since they are aggregators, not creators of sim engines) have no fear there will be an announcement. There are no easy answers as we see from all that exists already--no sim is a perfect or clearly superior package in every way. I still trust Reiza to squeeze more out of whatever tech they choose to use than anyone else.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%