they made mx5 sequential shifting

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
I heard about this, but couldn't find anything from iRacing to confirm.
Drove it last night - I'm still on auto-clutch - but it wasn't clutching at all, just going flat-shifting straight into next gear.
Did they adjust the ratios? Felt longer.

I've been virtual paddle shifting in iRacing for years due to achille's tendonitis that was aggravated by hard braking with that foot (alleviated by switching to left foot braking).

Did they actually change it or did you just notice the option now?

• Deleted member 963434

no joke, they made it sequential it is in notes:
"
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup

• A sequential shifter has been added to this vehicle.
  • The digital display has been updated to better match the real-world car, including a pit speed limiter.
  • Downshift blips have been adjusted.
  • Pit speed limiter now correctly only works while in 1st, Neutral, or Reverse gear.

they change it its not even option to stil use h pattern. i use "direct selection" for gearing and its only sequential. i guess i can disable paddles for this car only to use h pattern but it will work without clutch then, and others will be faster using paddles.

they gave us formula vee which uses h pattern with clutch but its not same thing its open wheeler. i liked so much driving that miata with h pattern what have they done? made it something like much slower gt3-like car

and why they did this doesnt they mean to be most relistic sim and now they change 2016 mx5 into paddle shifter..
oh another thing as i didnt drive much yesterday as i rage quit when found its now sequential now i wonder if they reduced wheel rotation for that car as yo know previously it was 1080 degrees,, how im supposed to use paddles witch such big wheel rotation? also i was used to do clutch kicks at some sharp corners etc

• Deleted member 963434

This is the info I got off the forms.

the real Global MX-5 Cup (on which the iRacing MX-5 is based) runs the ND2 which has been running the sequential since 2019.

That's why
oh i didnt know. im still not much happy with that change but now it made me more comfortable to adapt. as at first i thought they change to sequential to bring more casuels into iracing xD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%