The worst I've ever seen it

O

Oli Bellamy

• Oli Bellamy

Now i'm sure there have been general topics posted before about the lack of skill and maturity displayed by certain racers, however I honestly believe, what started out as an innocent race around Anderstorp, gave me violent Vietnam like GRID flashbacks. Now I suppose it serves me right for racing in a public server, but until I get access to a server open late night, I'm stuck in them.

On the occassion i've seen maybe 2 or 3 at most racers who'll ram into your back, or maybe block the path ahead, but never have I seen an entire army devoted to setting up not 1, but 2 roadblocks. To begin with I was cautious and drove through them oh so gently, alas, towards the end cockyness got the better of me and unfortunately I met an abrubt end after a toughened alfa romeo headbutted me straight on.

I'd also like for this to be a showcase, a case study if you will, of what morons are capable of, I counted 5 wreckers at the time, and by constant harrasment of the vote button, managed to surivie numerous votings by us, the civillians, yet managed to get myself kicked out of the room partically for airing my dislike of their somewhat aggressive driving style... I behold, well 2 videos of qualifying and the race.

And for anyone wondering why I stayed in the room, partly to let you, the viewer laugh at my inadiquate attempts to evade the enemy, but also as a bit of sport, adds a new dimension to the game.

Qualifying Session
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X37PEK2U

Race
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CAMPKXB

Enjoy.

Disgusting. Totally disgusting.

Obviously these people don't have anything better to do with their time than to kill other peoples fun.
I find this totally immature and they really do need to get a life.

I stopped going onto PS a long time back for this reason. But I am able to race on early race.

There is nothing you can do about it. This thread is a tribute for them, so the more attention you give them the worser it gets.
To be honest as long as simbin doesnt include a proper registration for the server lobby or actively starts to perma-ban steam-id's there is no solution.

• Kyle Evers

And this is why you try to avoid PS's. I mean yes, there are times where you want a competition against REAL people, but you best be careful who it is. This is just retarded, I would have left in 2 minutes.

If anyone else runs dedi servers and has a bans.rsb file they can PM it to me and i could add it to all our servers, the more servers these idiots are banned from the better. Likewise i can share ours via PM.

Come on please. Admins should handle their own bans and not rely on others. If a person gets banned from server A because of some server admin that can't stand losing his race, then he is automatically banned from server B as well?

Just put a password on a dedicated server and you are in most of the cases cured from the idiots. Public servers should be hosted by those that develop and publish the game imo.

In GTR2 you always had a bunch of 10tacle servers running which were free to use for everybody. Pardon me but i havent ran into those free servers (apart from the world ranking, when its online) in RACE, RACE 07, GTR Evo, STCC etc...

People do need to start racing somewhere and when their races are ruined by people blocking the track or wrecking then surely trying to get rid of as many of the worst offenders as we can is a good idea. A lot of people don't know about these websites and how to get on passworded servers so the public servers are great for a quick race, the only problem is the people trying to spoil races so try and get as many kicked off as we can.

the only problem is the people trying to spoil races so try and get as many kicked off as we can.

I dont disagree on that. But when i have your steam ID and follow your bans.rsb exchange proposal i can have you banned in no time on all the servers, and that's not right. Admins are responsible for their own server, and what happens on another is non of their concern.

There should be a system in the game that when the same steamID gets banned on multiple servers his steam account will be terminated. Want to continue wrecking after that? Fine, buy a new game :)

I agree with the global bans system, it's a shame that it a much harder type of game to moderate than a shooter like call of duty for example where you can use a system such as punkbuster to keep things fair.

Until we get a system for banning these people i guess we just have to live with them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.5%