The wonderful James Hunt

I was having a little reminisce, watching a few old 1991 F1 races on the old Youtube.

I love those old races. I love James Hunt. For me, nobody has come close to his combination of insight, entertainment and vitriol.

Here's the 1991 French GP. You should watch it all, but if you have no time, go from about 5:00 up to James' summing up of Prost and his avoidance of contact at all costs, except for...

It reminded me of Hunt's love for another French driver, Phillipe Alliot

Examples here

And here

I don't know if James had a thing about French drivers, but his analysis of Arnoux's reason for being slow at Monaco still makes me laugh.

And Jean-Pierre Jarier

OK last one. Jarier hetting a bit more stick.

Oh James. What would you have made of Kvyat and Maldonardo.

I miss him!

Love watching old races, the more so when Murray and James are commentating :D

Love this clip of Patrese almost flipping his Williams. Murray Walker goes crazy, not so James Hunt
"That Williams will be left there, there's no reason to stop the race, it's well off the racing line."
Unimaginable by today's standards

Love watching old races, the more so when Murray and James are commentating :D

"That Williams will be left there, there's no reason to stop the race, it's well off the racing line."
Unimaginable by today's standards

Murray Walker: "OOAAHAHAHAWWWWW"
James Hunt: "Oh dear, oh dear."

He was such a class commentator, so calm to Murray's hysteria. Hunt won the Championship in the year I was born, 76, but I grew up with him commentating on the BBC's coverage.

Hunt and Murray Walker were more F1 than the sport at times. The BBC coverage intro was so iconic, with Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%