The whites are so so white!

I'm afraid I'm not advertising washing powder.

I often find that white things (like walls, cars etc.) are way way too bright in AC. So much so that I usually delete all the cars that are white before even looking at them as I know they'll just look like a solid white shape once on the track in the daytime.

But there are also white things in tracks (like walls) that seem blindingly bright.

Anyone got a tip on how to fix this?

With Sol and the patch installed I have the opposite problem :D some cars look too dull! The Griffith 200 mod is a good example, in full clear day it always looks like it is in shade but the white skins look the best of the lot. I've seen screenshots from people not using sol/patch and the car doesn't look dull. I wonder if I can add a shader file for that car somehow as it looked better to me with ks_ambient and ks_diffuse turned up by 0.1.

I tried out the latest beta version of SOL, and it darkened things up a bit, because like you had, some tracks were almost giving me snow blindness! It helped - I'm still running shader patch 74, haven't tried the new one yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%