The whites are so so white!

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
I'm afraid I'm not advertising washing powder.

I often find that white things (like walls, cars etc.) are way way too bright in AC. So much so that I usually delete all the cars that are white before even looking at them as I know they'll just look like a solid white shape once on the track in the daytime.

But there are also white things in tracks (like walls) that seem blindingly bright.

Anyone got a tip on how to fix this?

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
Make tracks with correct textures :laugh:

It seems to be a common problem with a lot of addon tracks - whites that are too white, blacks are too black, and colours are too saturated :O_o:

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
ok, but this is happening with what I'd have thought were good tracks (Mosport, Riverside, and many many others, some not so good). It's also the case with pretty much any white car.

Andy-R

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2016
With Sol and the patch installed I have the opposite problem :D some cars look too dull! The Griffith 200 mod is a good example, in full clear day it always looks like it is in shade but the white skins look the best of the lot. I've seen screenshots from people not using sol/patch and the car doesn't look dull. I wonder if I can add a shader file for that car somehow as it looked better to me with ks_ambient and ks_diffuse turned up by 0.1.

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
I'm using the CustomShaders and GBW Suite.
But I've always had this problem, since way before Custom Shaders

Bunkiester

50RPM
Jan 20, 2019
I tried out the latest beta version of SOL, and it darkened things up a bit, because like you had, some tracks were almost giving me snow blindness! It helped - I'm still running shader patch 74, haven't tried the new one yet.

Rogerbee

500RPM
May 2, 2018
Try Reshade and JBXSettings them, together with their ppfilters make for a nice visual experience.