The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'm thinking I might want the paint to be matte, and the vinyls to be gloss. I'd also like to make the lipstick on the wheels less metallic looking so they can be brighter.
First part you can do pretty easily with the car's "maps" texture (usually called body_maps.dds or something similar, goes in txMaps). Just load it in an image editor and add a multiplicative layer on top, with colour set to match the type of finish you want
white -> no change
remove red -> less specular brightness
remove green -> softer specular spot ('more' metallic, sort of; depends on the original material setup)
remove blue -> less reflective
so you'd mask something in red-orange for the matte areas (softer specular, not reflective), cyan for the gloss (less specular since it's not metallic, fully reflective)

If the wheels default to being too dim you probably need to actually modify the material to get them brighter. CSP can tweak this on a per skin basis, or you can edit the kn5 in CM (keeping in mind if you do, it affects all skins)

Last edited:
First part you can do pretty easily with the car's "maps" texture (usually called body_maps.dds or something similar, goes in txMaps). Just load it in an image editor and add a multiplicative layer on top, with colour set to match the type of finish you want
white -> no change
remove red -> less specular brightness
remove green -> softer specular spot ('more' metallic, sort of; depends on the original material setup)
remove blue -> less reflective
so you'd mask something in red-orange for the matte areas (softer specular, not reflective), cyan for the gloss (less specular since it's not metallic, fully reflective)

If the wheels default to being too dim you probably need to actually modify the material to get them brighter. CSP can tweak this on a per skin basis, or you can edit the kn5 in CM (keeping in mind if you do, it affects all skins)
Thanks, I'll test it out in the future.

Any idea why this happens btw?:
1624146948611.png

I'm guessing it has something to do with the modeling, cause I don't see this banding on the texture map.

Last edited:
Dear KSEditors users, what workflow is actually necessary for the KSeditor.exe to automatically find the good Shaders / Textures files and apply them to the car when I reimport a new .fbx ? Putting everything by hands takes me _hours_ everytime. I've read the Pipeline times and times again but i've been working on this project for so long, everything is a mess, I just need to know what is actually needed for the editor to find the textures and shaders it needs.
Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Dear KSEditors users, what workflow is actually necessary for the KSeditor.exe to automatically find the good Shaders / Textures files and apply them to the car when I reimport a new .fbx ? Putting everything by hands takes me _hours_ everytime. I've read the Pipeline times and times again but i've been working on this project for so long, everything is a mess, I just need to know what is actually needed for the editor to find the textures and shaders it needs.
Thanks a lot in advance. :)
Save persistence - that creates an ini file and will store all that info

I just realized Mclaren added fins with the same style of the W12 fins.

1624200678176.png

1624202117822.png

(RSS FH 21 car 3d model)

1624200515723.png

(real photo, took it from Craig Scarborough's twitter)

1624200465140.png

(in-game)

Maybe I'm releasing this add-on for the RSS FH 2021 car later today or early this week.

Last edited:
52 pit stalls for those with nasa supercomputers. Not sure if I'll make the left pitlane active on a separate layout or not... seems only really used with track days or amateur races?
I believe it gets used for support series sometimes. IIRC when I watched the IMSA GT series race they used the old pit lane, while the main series used the newer pit lane.

I think it might be debatable whether or not it's worth putting the time into, but I'm sure there's a small subset of the community that would enjoy it.

As above, it's used as a pitlane for support series, including relatively high profiles ones like Michelin/Continental/Koni/IMSA Challenge:

Personally, I likely wouldn't get much use from it though - I'm too much of a big shot - I certainly don't think it's essential!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%