The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The standard uv map for a spherical/semi-spherical mesh is a planisphere projection, that will automatically wrap the texture along the longitude edge loops. It is like that on your Valvoline example and it looks fine imo. You can go around that wrapping by tweaking the texture, but it won't look good even if you do it right; in real world they rather use blimps to display ads without distorsion.

The standard uv map for a spherical/semi-spherical mesh is a planisphere projection, that will automatically wrap the texture along the longitude edge loops. It is like that on your Valvoline example and it looks fine imo. You can go around that wrapping by tweaking the texture, but it won't look good even if you do it right; in real world they rather use blimps to display ads without distorsion.
Yeah, I imagine compensating the texture for the balloon shape would be a bit of a pain in the ass, that's why I wondered if there was a PS template that did it for you. I guess keeping the logos away from the areas of mass distortion is the easy get-out. I did a quick BP balloon and the distortion is just getting visible on the bottom of the logo. Make it a little smaller or move it north and the problem probably goes away.

Screenshot_legion_vuhl_05rr_acu_okutama-circuit_7-11-119-14-40-51.jpg

Slider has shown me how easy it is to reskin the models in 3DsimED so I'll crack on. If anyone has any requests, shout. I don't think anyone else cares about balloons like I do though. It's a sickness.

Yeah, I imagine compensating the texture for the balloon shape would be a bit of a pain in the ass, that's why I wondered if there was a PS template that did it for you. I guess keeping the logos away from the areas of mass distortion is the easy get-out. I did a quick BP balloon and the distortion is just getting visible on the bottom of the logo. Make it a little smaller or move it north and the problem probably goes away.

View attachment 333531

Slider has shown me how easy it is to reskin the models in 3DsimED so I'll crack on. If anyone has any requests, shout. I don't think anyone else cares about balloons like I do though. It's a sickness.

Looks good but don't overdo it, a few balloons is ok :laugh:

Untitled-1.jpg

Spent a couple hours last night/this morning knocking this up. Surprised no one else has done it for AC. It's set up with a nice metallic and chrome effect with Stereo's shader, so it requires CSP to look like this.

Anyone interested in a release? There's a few bits to fix up still, and some of the cross-panel alignment is off. If there's enough demand I'll tighten that stuff up, if not I'll just release it with the rough edges.

[EDIT] Does anyone know who made the Momo 962 #230? I can't find it here on RD and I'm borrowing the Goodyear tires from it. Want to get permission before I release it. They're not the same as @BDA 's tires.

Last edited:
View attachment 333874

Spent a couple hours last night/this morning knocking this up. Surprised no one else has done it for AC. It's set up with a nice metallic and chrome effect with Stereo's shader, so it requires CSP to look like this.

Anyone interested in a release? There's a few bits to fix up still, and some of the cross-panel alignment is off. If there's enough demand I'll tighten that stuff up, if not I'll just release it with the rough edges.

[EDIT] Does anyone know who made the Momo 962 #230? I can't find it here on RD and I'm borrowing the Goodyear tires from it. Want to get permission before I release it. They're not the same as @BDA 's tires.
Stereo's shader doesn't need CSP to work :thumbsup:

Ops i did it again...

They offer me a commissioned work. Build a car for a championship in january.
This time all is different again, because i'm starting with a hi poly 3d model in my hands. ( they bought it )
At this time, i dunno really if workin on a existing model is a good thing, i had to unsubdivide it, and it went good,
but modifing it isn't so funny.
BTW is the MINI JCW, for the challenge. Starting model is a huge 1M triangles Mini cooper S, obviously F56, last model.

1.png

2.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline