The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Been meaning to ask, are you able to share what sort of capacity you're working with these teams at? My guess is helping with simulation physics for driver practice, but I feel like there's more to it than that! :)

Congrats, man!
Depends entirely on the team really. Last year with WIN in P2 (and the year before in P3), we were doing some engineering work but nothing too in depth (I'd prepared a test program and the team planned to allocate some budget towards the sim so we could go further with it, but they ultimately disbanded at the end of the season). This year with the P2 in both IMSA and WEC, it's fully driver focused. Still developing the models towards engineering spec (since that helps driver training as well), but there's no budget allocated from the teams for additional testing, and now that the team owner is not the same person as the client, we're less integrated with the teams.

But we've had now 4 prospective clients in the past year that have intended to use the sim for engineering. 3 of those 4 fell through (various reasons; lack of budget approval, poor team management, etc). Still working on the other.

We're pretty full-service though. If you sign on as a season client, we try to take care of whatever. e.g. I designed and built a new sim rig a few months ago that's 1:1 (as far as ergonomics go) with the real car. Working on new motion code for that sim as well (though that's pretty long term; the dev kit sucks). Tracks, cars, driver coaching, part sourcing; we handle a lot.

In the future we'll be selling software as well, but that's a few years off.

WUmPSQZ.jpg

Making my way down the checklist bit by bit, panel gaps & underside are in place now.

Sort of a weird project to do as quickly as I wanted to, cause unlike the Bel Air I'd never seen one before. So when it was partway done it was less of "parts of it look correct" and more "that doesn't look like a car yet". I suppose by the same process as the original designers, around the 4th chrome trim line along the side it stopped looking like there was too little happening. Still a fair number of small details to add though - door handles and badges primarily.

Im new to assetto corsa skin making, but ive completed 2 skins in the span of the day.
1 for the 590XX EVO and 1 for the GT-R R35 GT3. I have attached images of the 2 completed skins, though i dont know if i should post the completed skins here cause theyre itashas.

Attachments

• image_2022-06-14_185658750.png
    image_2022-06-14_185658750.png
    809.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_mugello_14-6-122-18-9-59.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_mugello_14-6-122-18-9-59.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 189
Slapping a diecut sticker of a character on the side/hood of the car and calling it a day is not an itasha.
Unless you mean itasha literally, as in "painful car"...

Last edited:
Finished all of the buildings and major structures for Miramas for the 1925, 1926, and 1932 layouts (as well as a couple of vehicles I got sidetracked with modeling). The pitboxes and grandstands were still under construction for the 1924 race, so I'm currently in the process of modeling the partially-built grandstands for the 1924 layout.
did you have any blueprints for the grandstands? I have been looking for some

Biz partner forced me to take a day off, so I was able to steal a little time to work on a few details of the Fenix today. All still WIP, but I've got a little more detail in the exhaust tips, metal meshes and tire textures. It's gettin' there!

(Ignore the mesh showing through the interior of the exhaust, I haven't trimmed it yet)

Screenshot 2022-06-17 202136.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-17 202158.jpg

Last edited:
Biz partner forced me to take a day off, so I was able to steal a little time to work on a few details of the Fenix today. All still WIP, but I've got a little more detail in the exhaust tips, metal meshes and tire textures. It's gettin' there!

(Ignore the mesh showing through the interior of the exhaust, I haven't trimmed it yet)

View attachment 575145View attachment 575146
The license plate "Gu10 Tag" is hilarious :roflmao::roflmao: I love it!

xgOrcs0.jpg

Not surprisingly, the '57 mercury's factory paint options are somewhere between the '56 Bel Air and the Coronet. Very nearly done now. (this is Moonmist Yellow on the merc, Calypso Cream on the chevy, both two-tone black) Also, base model (whereas bel air is top trim) so no passenger mirror on this one.

The pastel possibilities are growing...
PDFX8cE.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back