The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

i found a bit of TDU vibe with Forza, but still not to the same extent.
The road around the island in the first TDU, taking you easily 45min was a blast.
And discovering the different showrooms as you explored the lands, pretty cool concept.
Now Forza 5 trailer raised the level of realism in the way they made the environnement, pretty impressive. To a point the cars look too clean to be here!

Spoiler alert, you won't be able to buy your cars in Union Island i'm afraid :o
As for the "tour de l'île" If someone makes a bicycle mod, maybe it can take 45min, not even. But hey, CSP showed some first person possibilities, that's the solution...

FH1-2 were definetly more TDUish. AC may not have Hawaii, Ibiza, Hong Kong 1/1, but so many mods give international vibes. Basically TDU/classic NFS/classic Test Drives vibes.

Another minor update on this thing and the previous update - with the usual caveat that it's not much to get excited about:

progress01.JPG

This image (which may hurt your eyes) shows my little prototype with standings after one round, using a test series based on the Formula RSS4 mod content. Championship points (P) have been allocated in this app based on imported race weekend session log results.

It's super basic but it works, and I've not run into any blockers that suggest the gist of the original idea isn't doable - though at this rate it may take 20 years.

Some modeling on car #2 in my Formula 500 project, the Scorpion. To my knowledge this is the only Formula 500 chassis you can currently buy new -- though the design goes a long way back, originating in a car called the Maverick before being adapted into the current car. The rights to the design changed hands again about a decade ago, and these are now being produced and serviced by Mitchell Racing Services in Indianapolis. This chassis has the distinction of having class front-runners using it with both the newer motorcycle engine, and the old-school snowmobile/CVT combo. Due to AC not having a good way to represent a CVT, I will only be representing the former.

ScorpionTest.jpg

Last edited:
News from the Atlantic.
In my break in the Pacific, i did have some ideas for my missing piece of Union : The harbor.
And while it's still very WIP.. it's taking shape slowly

harbor01.JPG
capture19.JPG

20210730-000347-union_island-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1-accum.jpg

when it's blurry you don't see it too much, so that's fine by me :D
20210729-235210-union_island-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1-accum.jpg

20210729-235236-union_island-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1-accum.jpg

see below, missing normals on the bushes and all. No blur no fun.
20210729-235435-union_island-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1.jpg

in other news.

PCH bushes are done.
maybe i overdid them :whistling:
1627595979054.png

but it's looking cool
and running well so far !

20210727-195921-pacific_coast-bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd-accum.jpg

20210728-123138-pacific_coast-subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_s1-accum.jpg

Last edited:
I'm conscious of spamming very minor updates (maybe I should start a thread? or just... not) - but this thing is still coming along, and is now not too far off being somewhat useful (to me at least).

Once you set up and import a series (a json file) you can import Content Manager session jsons and it will tally up the drivers championship points, sort the list, display the results and show the 'schedule'. That's it for now - still a long way from the original idea, but coasting forwards :geek:

Why the 1989 aesthetic? I have no idea.
progress02.JPG

News from the Atlantic.
In my break in the Pacific, i did have some ideas for my missing piece of Union : The harbor.

View attachment 491802
View attachment 491803
View attachment 491804

View attachment 491805
View attachment 491811
View attachment 491814

in other news.

PCH bushes are done.
View attachment 491800

but it's looking cool

View attachment 491815
View attachment 491816
When are you going to release it?

News from the Atlantic.

View attachment 491802
View attachment 491803
View attachment 491804

View attachment 491805
View attachment 491811
View attachment 491814

in other news.

PCH bushes are done.
View attachment 491800

but it's looking cool

View attachment 491815
View attachment 491816
Looks insane, can't wait! Is this the same PCH that is in v0.9 rn and doesn't really have any details other than basic trees?

When are you going to release it?
yes.

I could release it now. But that would cause some "meh" reaction in few areas with the lack of details and purposes i want.
And i don't want to achieve a meh :)
So i'd rather wait and be patient for once.
Apologies to tease with screenshots, sometimes it's good for the motivation to see the people reaction tbh
I thought it would be done by now, but the concept of free time may vary !

@Eugene Abramoff it's the very same, Phoenix working hard at it.
v0.9 was probably not a wise number back then :p
If you want to see some wet bushes. That sounds like click bait isn't it

View attachment 491951

My new favourite button in Content Manager. Works surprisingly well and turns something that I've always found a tedious chore into a few minutes of set-up and processing. I did go in and tidy up the lod B a bit but only to save a few more tris, couldn't see anything glaringly wrong with it.

Spaceba, Ilja :)
Do we need a separate 3D modelling program installed for this function to work?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back