The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@A3DR has used it in the past on some cars, not sure if its still a part of his workflow or not. I've been interested for a while but never really wanted to try it on a more complex project, but something like this is ideal. I also went back and did the same to my normal road pavement edges.
Been using it here and there, but mostly on small parts like bolts, suspension arms or wipers, it can be a very useful tool if you can get used to modeling that way. In your case of modeling assets like the concrete barriers, is the best way to go to keep poly count down.

Thanks! I've set the boost gauge like you described since AC doesn't want to use LUTs for turbo gauges.

Here's a pic of the car in game with the lights on.

WBiY9Et.jpg

Funny I've always thought that this one is the best interior from all the cars they've done. I wouldn't touch anything else other than lighting, textures are so well crafted is a shame to mess with them.

Funny I've always thought that this one is the best interior from all the cars they've done. I wouldn't touch anything else other than lighting, textures are so well crafted is a shame to mess with them.
The model quality is absolutely top notch, that's for sure. I didn't change any textures (apart from the gauge faces), I only reduced the interior plastic's ksAmbient to make the plastic look darker.

I have a feeling that it is maybe because poll was seen the most from this place, though I see how 80s + 90s could potentially beat anything else, maybe except the present times. I also spamed poll at reddit, but as always reddit is not interested in anything else but rigs :D

I think this completes visual work on the chassis with headlights, "firewall" between driver and engine (still very open but radiant heat from the headers will bounce off) and a proper halo bar. Backside of the engine is all that needs work, being the gearbox, carburetors, and chain drive.

3yFuopE.jpg

Oh I found out the issue with the speedometer was that I exported the kn5 after using the auto-tool, a re-export from a fresh import got it lined up to the ini. But it's too late all the numbers are different so the speed's still fairly relative.

Been using it here and there, but mostly on small parts like bolts, suspension arms or wipers, it can be a very useful tool if you can get used to modeling that way. In your case of modeling assets like the concrete barriers, is the best way to go to keep poly count down.
I'd imagine weighted normals is the bee's knees when doing wheels for example. Very easy to get flat areas and sharp round edges edges without having to add any supporting edge loops

Okay, not THAT looks entertaining :p Hopefully we'll get a few more Formula E tracks (real or fictional) someday soon :) (Shamelessly suggesting Bern, Switzerland, for example :D)
Personally I don't see myself attempting an IRL track any time soon, being fictional really lifts any pressure and expectation from the project meaning I can just focus on learning the processes.

37.JPG

38.JPG

Kind of coming together. I'm gonna stick to big, obvious plane changes for now and then after I apply subdiv (When I'm sure the shape is only minorly off...) I'll actually shape up things to be more representational. But for now, quite ugly topo and forms. :p

Screenshot_arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_corolla_levin_1983_magione_23-10-119-0-54-13.jpg

Screenshot_arch_toyota_ae86_gtapex_corolla_levin_1983_magione_23-10-119-0-54-48.jpg

Not the first time it's ingame, but it is the first time for this level of completion. :thumbsup:
A bit turdy because of box model + subdiv still active, but I like it so far.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years