The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Alright, time for us to make some noise.

l0xu8xA.jpg

It'll be payware, so we're all clear.

edit: IER's website is www.iersimulations.com. Subscribe to our newsletter and like our Facebook page if you want to stay up to date.

Let me pay all the money. That thing looks damn fine!

Kinda disappointed Imgur wouldn't let me upload this as a png, it's neat that CM can do pngs with transparent backgrounds.

Anyway yeah, I've been modeling the P13c in secret for a while and now it's not so secret so that's fun.
cNlkn9E.jpg
Nice surprise!
A long way from the Monaco :D

Oh yes that would be nice for the Nordschleife /s.

On which track will they be used?

the... CANYONS !
but i'll probably think of a giveaway 3D props soon, so maybe it will populate more tracks ;)

Did a bunch of suspension stuff today for the 240Z.

Heights were wrong to begin with, as I suspected. 60mm lowered geometry! But the rest of the measurements were correct. Even the camber values at max droop as reported by the workshop manual is the same, so it's probably in the ballpark. :thumbsup:

Also solved the mystery of the Euro Spec II springs height difference. Maybe I should post about it on some Z car forums, as people still post about it.

There is next to no height difference between USDM and EUDM suspension, when UNLOADED. EUDM rear is like, 1mm higher at most. This makes sense because the 240Z camber is for all intents and purposes un-adjustable, and if the car was indeed 1 inch lower as the brochure reported, the camber will go all out of whack.

When LOADED ie: 2x 68kg occupants as specified by Datsun, AND installed with the 1inch higher spring perch of the European front strut, when you calculate the heights from the loading of the occupants and the different wheel rates, the height difference compared to OEM which has been reported as being 0.9 inches down front (+ 1.0 inch up from the strut) and 0.4 inches up rear, it adds up! Nearly exactly. I suspect it's down to the dynamic motion ratio, slightly different CoG of the occupants etc.

Just some nerdy stuff for us number crunchers. :rolleyes:

Kinda disappointed Imgur wouldn't let me upload this as a png, it's neat that CM can do pngs with transparent backgrounds.

Anyway yeah, I've been modeling the P13c in secret for a while and now it's not so secret so that's fun.
cNlkn9E.jpg
It seems you accidentally modelled a hpd arx 03a, just a coincidence I guess, its easy to mistake the two. :p

8dbda54efe3da833db34d16a0ec1c282.png

If you look at the design, it's very similar, but there's some minor differences. Indeed looks like a different car/body to me. Then again not everyone is used to looking at such things.

I mean, like I said, that’d still be the wrong name for it...
This is the 03a:
zuparx34.jpg
Then what's the car on the picture Brownninja posted? (Seriously, I don't know. I don't really follow endurance racing in the USA, since I don't really have access from here :D). The main difference here are the lights, but a quick Google search shows that car model with different front light designs.

Sorry, I want to be excited, but if it has zero connection to reality, I will probably lose interest and not get it. But since you seem to really not want to discuss it, I won't post on this matter anymore. :thumbsup:

aren't those rather heavy duty canvas/plastic materials, strong enough to prevent cars from diving between the rows of tires? They don't flutter...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 170 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%