The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Is the nose cone scratched / beaten up and shiny? Are you able to dull it down a bit?

Also, I'm not keen on the tyres (personal preference) - sorry :unsure:

It's amazing the difference your skins can have on a car though - great work :thumbsup:

Is the nose cone scratched / beaten up and shiny? Are you able to dull it down a bit?

Also, I'm not keen on the tyres (personal preference) - sorry :unsure:

It's amazing the difference your skins can have on a car though - great work :thumbsup:

The nose is beaten, but what your looking at there is nothing more than a test pallet (basically a proof of concept showing you can scratch the chrome finish). At this point I'm just experimenting with what I can get away with on this car.

Actual skinning is something I'll start once I've got all that figured out. :thumbsup:
I can assure you I have plans. :sneaky:

Sorry, my misunderstanding :redface: As you were, Mr.Dovah :thumbsup:

tumblr_ntn8rtKUbZ1tyiheio3_400.gif

I believe so too. but.. left hand drive, right hand drive. in the back of my mind a british theme maybe isn't the best. but part of my design routines with this is thematic. so there will be something different in the works for right hand driving based upon my build methods.

As a track though Its not going to be for everyone because driving real roads in a sim on your own is very boring. but ill say that when you are with others cruising at silly speeds I have not experienced anything quite as exhilarating in this sim before. Ive idioticly cancelled projects before because of never testing multiplayer aspects. its quite a different experience and that's all I hope to create with it. I hope to get the traffic mod working for sure. the end goal with that being a situation where you cant quite max it out so easily with other traffic around, like the autobahn.

I love the sense of motion blur at 200 in the morning.
9bJdVPl.jpg

p.s. I hope there can be a flashing lights shader soon (my track needs the cops). maybe even some real indicators functionality for the cars?
I absolutely love real road "tracks" in Assetto Corsa. Feldbergring, Shuto C1, Alto Tajo, Longford 67, Lake Louise, etc. I also like having a fast section on some of them...For me, it's not mandatory, but I do like the thrill of trying to push cars to their max speed. Key word is trying, for me. Keeping my foot to the floor in top gear for 20 seconds bouncing off the rev limiter isn't fun, in my opinion. Feldbergring's high speed section isn't quite so long, but what I love about that road is the corner putting you on the final straight. If you hit it perfectly you're going to become a rocket...but if come into the turn hot and lock'em up, almost plowing into the hay barrels, well, you just screwed yourself.

Your screenshots are beautiful, Pixel... Keep sharing as you go on. Just lovely...

still need to finish this up, now that it drives somewhat sensible. No idea if its a sort of car people want... I mean it's not made of Lego :p or reality
nNwHY9n.jpg
Have you been simultaneously building this along with the Lotus Esprit? :confused: If so, wow... You're nuts! :D Seriously though, it looks like a cool project. Can't wait to see more. :)

Looks like you can add lots of little scratchy bits to the chrome finish on Ben O'Bro's Caterhams and it comes up looking pretty good. :)View attachment 257358
View attachment 257359

Admittedly, it looks better in motion...

Let the fun begin. :thumbsup:
Ben, do you have a sister named Eileen and a brother named Neil? :sneaky:

@ALB123 well thank you. my last comment to someone was about having just made the most boring road ever in ac...its always other vehicles that makes it an experience though. it certainly is pedal to the floor and that's it. but the corners have just enough turn that if you were neck and neck with another. your going to both have to think twice. and be perfect in your driving. and when you are cruising with others its a pretty intense drive for different reasons than usually experienced. takes to many words to explain really.

For a start, proper flake-in-the-basecoat metallic paint... but really this is almost anything that math can imagine.

oemuXBK.jpg

eF4Y2rn.jpg

Or, slightly less subtle

on an unrelated note I did the steering wheel and dash and stuff a while ago and never posted pics cause I was out of town digging holes so, sneak peek.

Wow, love those flakes and the color composition in general. Spare some violett and you almost hit the Alpina Blue which I'm not looking forward to compiling :)

jlU0bLF.jpg

Having a weirdly hard time finding photos of some of the stock colours like this "dark sherwood". Not the most dramatic metallic color but it is subtly new.

NXZyy8b.jpg

Whereas Avocado Gold has a gold flake and wouldn't really be doable properly without the shader.
j6c9r2K.jpg

eg. see the F350's green glow, essentially the same colour but it doesn't look metallic. (just using the old shaders)
iXSCkoT.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back