The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Yeah, sure the fin itself isn't a structural item, but the LMP cars all have a central wing support pylon which mine does not. Connecting the fin to that makes sense, but as my car doesn't have that I think it might look odd.

That's a good point - most teams transitioned to a single central support for the wing once the fin was mandated. Not everyone, though!

1200px-Zytek_Z11SN_Nissan_Greaves_Motorsport_Le_Mans_2012.jpg

It's as awkward as you'd expect it to be :p

Knockhill Lidar WIP

i Love this track so much, so though i would get this done. its coming nicely though

View attachment 225638 View attachment 225639 View attachment 225640 View attachment 225641 View attachment 225642 View attachment 225643

:confused::confused::confused: :inlove: :notworthy:

looks fantastic
Fun bit is getting the animation working :p

5b1abd059584ab8636ef51afdbbe1d66.gif

It works! Unfortunately it only works as a 'wing' rather than 'fin' as I was hoping. Would be cool to have the different fin configs for the actual aero physics, but seems you can't have any sort of setup option on fins, only wings.

01633db04c0303bffaddd699a7112c4d.gif

Quite a sinister looking thing in all black with that fin...

2MrwHN5h.jpg

AqHy42Gh.jpg

Last edited:
That's the Wolverine of race cars. :laugh: Wow...What creative minds you all have, but that animated shark fin takes the cake for the moment. So inspiring...

Interesting issue with live axle, anyone have thoughts? I have tried messing with bumpstops, packers, to no avail. It seems to happen when the rear end gets massive forces like the uphill bits on Black Cat. Another note is that whatever I do on the susptelemetry app I cannot no matter what I seem to do get the yellow line (I'm assuming bumpstops) to be above the rear axle point... The front is fine, but the rear end is giving all sorts of issues
4tsv6A9.png

Interesting issue with live axle, anyone have thoughts? I have tried messing with bumpstops, packers, to no avail. It seems to happen when the rear end gets massive forces like the uphill bits on Black Cat. Another note is that whatever I do on the susptelemetry app I cannot no matter what I seem to do get the yellow line (I'm assuming bumpstops) to be above the rear axle point... The front is fine, but the rear end is giving all sorts of issues
4tsv6A9.png
Rod length?

But you may just need "more" links, solids axles in AC seem to need a lot of trail and error. Try moving the axle pick up points slightly.

Or you have damage enabled with too low numbers?

Seems it may have been the collider_0, didn't modify it from the street car which is 3 inches higher. Could also have been the packers, though my numbers weren't far off from the calculated ones from the AC_worksheet

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back