The WebHUD Thread (Outdated)

Note: The information in this thread is somewhat outdated, since only one of the HUDs listed below is actively supported. This is likely because it is by far the best of the bunch so no other HUDs are really needed! For further information, please see the OtterHUD thread instead.

--------------------------------------------------
I thought I'd make a dedicated thread to keep track of the various HUD versions which are popping up since the patch. Getting them up and running is very simple, just follow the instructions below. If you would like your own HUD listed here, just post a link in this thread and I'll add it to the OP. (WebHUD only please, not other apps.)

To use the HUDs, do the following:
  • Download and Extract dash.zip somewhere on you PC.​
  • Run dash.exe.​
  • Add one of the HUDs as a startup argument to R3E in it's Steam settings. (See below)​
  • Start the game and enjoy your new HUD.​
Note: If you use CrewChief, it now includes it's own version of dash.exe so you do not need to run it separately. Simply enable the option found in CC's settings, show below:

CCD.jpg

Be aware that the WebHUDs allow you to customise the size, position and visibility of the various widgets, so your HUD doesn't have to look exactly as the examples in the pics/videos!

S3 Default WebHUD - Link

preview.jpg

This is the default WebHUD provided by S3. Contains numerous widgets though only basic tyre temperature displays.
Code:
-webdev -webHudUrl=https://sector3studios.github.io/webhud/dist/

OtterHUD - Link

OtterHUD.png

This is probably the best WebHUD currently available, and has by far the longest list of features which are far too numerous to list here. To name just a few, it has inner/middle/outer tyre temperatures and tyre pressure, a fuel use display and fuel calculator, a visual pit limiter activation indicator, an improved relative distance widget, an improved delta widget, and much, much more.
Code:
-webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

R3E Fusion HUD - Link

This HUD is similar in functionality to the S3 HUD, but has a different visual style.
Code:
-webdev -webHudUrl=https://scouthud.github.io/fusion/

Zeroforce Racing HUD - Link

Zeroforce_HUD.png

This HUD is very customisable by the user in it's design and colour scheme, unlike other WebHUDs. To use it you will need to install it rather than adding a start up parameter. Download the installer from the link above.

Last edited:
Make sure you follow the instructions in full. You need to edit the game's launch options in order to make the WebHUDs work. (Right-click game in Steam, Properties, Set Launch Options.)

For OtterHUD you need to add:
Code:

Reactions: Dux
Okay something very strange is going on, I have uninstalled the game so I can reinstall it because it crashes and wont load anymore, now I cannot find it even in my steam library. Its like someone stole the game from me completely once I run that exe from zero hud

Hi @ all,
I hope you can help me with an issue. Everytime when I try to start the dash.exe I get the following error message
1590579614713.png

I searched in many forums but I could not find any soltuion to solve the problem. I have also tried to use to start the hud via crew chief, but then I get in game the massage, that I have to download the dash.zip ...

Thank you for your help in advance

Hi @ all,
I hope you can help me with an issue. Everytime when I try to start the dash.exe I get the following error message View attachment 376734

I searched in many forums but I could not find any soltuion to solve the problem. I have also tried to use to start the hud via crew chief, but then I get in game the massage, that I have to download the dash.zip ...

Thank you for your help in advance
Did you do step 3 from post #1, as it follows:
Add one of the HUDs as a startup argument to R3E in it's Steam settings.

I am using CrewChief and starting from there it works without issues. But I forgot first time to update Steam settings.

Hi Sasha,

Yes I added the command line in the startup line

1590583942293.png

When I add this line I get the information at the top left site ingame, that I have to download the dash.zip. :(
It seems that Crew Chief is also not able to start the dash.exe. But in this case I get no error message and in the console from CC is also nothing written.

Note that you have to enable WebHUD integration in Crew Chief, it's not turned on by default. Once enabled, you do not need to have a separate Dash.exe installed because it's integrated in CC.

WebHUD.png

Hi Goffik,

When I tried to use Crew Chief, I have enabled the web hud in the properties. I have no idea what I can do else. I also deinstalled the crew chief and startted the dash.exe but I got the the same error message.

I just noticed you're attempting to use the example HUD made by S3. That HUD isn't very good and may even not be hosted anymore, since there is much, much better version available... OtterHUD. Try putting this into your R3E launch options instead:
Code:

Let us know if it works.

I tested the code which you have send to me, but without succsess:

I enabled the WebHud in the Crew Chief app:
1590610374378.png

I copied the code in the launch of the R3E:
1590610470304.png

In game I receiveid the following message:
1590610529348.png

Something goes wrong but I can't find the mistake

Attachments

• 1590610733443.png
    1590610733443.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 228
Indeed, that has me stumped... you seem to have it all set up correctly. One last thing... you have Crew Chief set to RaceRoom in the game menu, and you have clicked the Start Application button, right? I'm not trying to be condescending here, I'm literally just out of ideas so am grasping at straws. :p

Yes, I have RaceRoom activated in the Crew Chief App and I have also started the App. Nevertheless thank you for your help. In my opinion, the problem is the error message, which comes from the dash.exe. It seems that someting is missing but I don't know how I can solve the problem.

1590647913255.png

Someone from the Sector3 Formum had the same probleme in the past. But he never got an answer or a solution. I have also started a request at this forum but no answer until now. :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%