The way the RD pages are viewed now - allot of distractions

I wish there was options to remove some of the windowed views when we are going through the Race Department.

Seems you now show too many things on the screen making the items we want to look at smaller in size to view.
Example - Downloads:

You have the news in large pictures to the right side of the screen
You have a small vertical sliver in size of the actual download items to select from- hard to read
You have another small vertical sliver in size of game Categories to choose
You have another small vertical sliver in size of general main Categories to choose.

This is just too much to show on one screen at one time and they are there all the time.
All I want to see is just the actual download items on a full screen like before. - easy to read
You have now made the download items smaller to read and hard to read at times.

I do not like this format being a premium viewer. Please change back to old view or make it an option to do so.

thank you.

Ah, I see that clicking on 3 HORIZ bars at the top left allows me to open up the downloads content more in the center view.

Still why do we always need the big pictures of the news off to the right when we can select it from the general news category on the far left menus. It is kind of a distraction to me.

take care.

@Dave Thayer is that what you mean ?
Untitled-2.png

if its the case click on the 3 bars on the upper left and it will make the left window like this
Untitled-4.png

Thanks for your replies guys. What "Yves Larose" shows is what I am also seeing. It is the pictures of the News items to the right - are they necessary all the time?

I use google browser.

The 3 HORIZ bars clicking on that makes the content view easier to view. So that was a big help.

Havent tried your suggestion yet Bram. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
OK, I guess I will accept using the RD Dark style setting. All the style setups all show the pictures of some of the news items to the right. Not a major complaint, it is just an observation that is different from before.

Anyway, thanks for all the information and how to change things.

Dave

Hi, I'm agreeing with the OP; have attached a png.

The issue for me is the news items on the right; this is in Firefox with zoom at 130. Problem is, when you're zooming into the page the the left and right sections (index and news) increase at what seems to be a higher priority than the middle (content) section.

My take is that the content section should be able to expand at the cost of (a higher priority than) the news and index sections.

From a UX PoV, the news section is old with 10 seconds of me loading the page, where-as content is 'new' every time I look at a thread; but the three news icons are given equal/greater billing than threads.

Is there a toggle button, similar to the top-left hamburger menu, for the right-hand section that I've missed?

Attachments

• racedepartment.png
    racedepartment.png
    584 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi Bram,

My google zoom says the same as what your screen shot says 100%.
i have no problems with the screen views now with your previous help posts.

PS: Jacobs message is kind of what i was asking on the right side news pictures, is there a minimize or toggle to make the news section hide itself to see just the content alone.

Otherwise I am fine as is.

Dave

Last edited:
Schermata_2020-12-15-12-33-35-073.jpeg

I understand you need adds to pay your stuff but really this is annoying...
RD is bloated by adds (I don't see such things since early 2000) and when you are going to reply or open a link you click on adds...
Can you guys change how it works, it is also a battery drain for smartphones...

Attachments

• Schermata_2020-12-15-12-34-41-869.jpeg
    Schermata_2020-12-15-12-34-41-869.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 68

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back