The W.I.P Thread

Hi everyone,

I am setting to work on the braking points and also the ai behaviour, although I'm not confident with this one!

The braking appears to be pretty good this year but I need your help!

I have a new thread open on the F12013 game page and I need everyone's feedback to tell me which corners you think need attention in this year's game.

Please quote,

difficulty used
Track
Corner as per official F1 diagram
brief description just in case
how early in your opinion the ai brake (how big adjustment is needed)

Hi guys,

so I am setting out on a braking mod and wanted your thoughts on which corners need attention in this year's game.

I hope to try and improve the ai behaviour but I'm no expert at this and won't get chance for a bit.

When you let me know of a braking point issue, please quote the following

difficulty used
Track
Corner as per official F1 diagram

http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar.html

brief description just in case
how early in your opinion the ai brake (how big adjustment is needed)

Using 80's 90's or 2013 car

Thanks for your help

Legend
  • Singapore: 1, 5
  • Silverstone: 6
  • Melbourne: 1, 9
  • Shangai: 6, 14
  • Monza: 1, 4, 9, 12
Bold = extremely earl braking
This is MY PERSONAL opinion, only a suggestion, I mean.

Last edited:
As this is a Modding Question, I will merge this post into our MODDING QUESTIONS thread :thumbsup:

Please do not use individual threads for modding questions/work in progress.

Ok Dan, but I wanted to keep all the answers in one thread or they are just going to get lost amongst loads of other questions and the feedback will be limited once it's off the first page.

Working on
  • no DRS [RELEASED]
  • double KERS (some hundred people used it last time) [RELEASED]
  • competitive AI (ai only, no braking points and yet no database possible) [RELEASED]
  • if possible SC fix takeover from last year [RELEASED]
  • mechanical issues (raceload.jpk) [RELEASED]
  • multilivery (raceload.jpk) [RELEASED]
  • multi tyre tread takeover from last year [WAITING FOR STOCK FILE]
  • if some people want it: LED lighting outer to inner & inner to outer (as left to right already exists) [WAITING FOR FEEDBACK]
where i can download sc fix and mechanical issues? i can not find it here anymore..

My centered Tcam mod in progress! completely static, meaning no movement at all while driving, feels so much better to drive with!

13756553.jpg

Those mods were removed because there was no permission to use the files for this game.
Also the safety car fix isn't needed for this year. But when it is we will make it.
That's not correct overall, the mechanical issue was with permission but CM changed its system much more than expected, so I decided to delete it and have Kartik start from the scratch rather than trying to adjust the old 3.1 version.

Hi everyone,

I heard a lot of complaints on the fact that there a team sponsors on the in-game helmets.
In the coming weeks/months I will try and to put the sponsors from teams on the helmets (things like the red bull logo's - vodafone banner on the mclaren helmets etc.) This will take some time but I'll try and do every in game helmet for every team.

upload_2013-10-7_16-38-50.png

This for example is my first helmet to get the makeover. In this case I've added the Red Bull Racing sponsors on the gen_01_helmet (first helmet you can choose from in game).

This will take quite a lot of time and I'm very busy at the moment with doing other important things.

*NOTE: I don't test all the helmets in-game. So if there are any problems try and contact me please!

This is the checklist for all the teams:
Infiniti Red Bull Racing................................. In progress
Scuderia Ferrari............................................ Not started working on
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes....................... Not started working on
Lotus F1 Team............................................... Not started working on
Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team............... Not started working on
Sauber F1 Team............................................ Not started working on
Sahara Force India F1 Team........................ Not started working on
Williams F1 Team......................................... Not started working on
Scuderia Toro Rosso.................................... Not started working on
Caterham F1 Team....................................... Not started working on
Marussia F1 Team........................................ Not started working on

Keep in touch with this thread to see which packs are released.

@JffryvD

No it is not allowed, as is it not a mod yet

This will be merged into the WIP thread.

When the parts are ready for download, you can release each one as a mod or pack, and it MUST be via the resource centre, not just a link in a thread

Please keep all discussions about this in the WIP thread only.

There is a helpful guide on how the mod forum works here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-modding-forum-explained.73612/

@JffryvD

No it is not allowed, as is it not a mod yet

This will be merged into the WIP thread.

When the parts are ready for download, you can release each one as a mod or pack, and it MUST be via the resource centre, not link in any threads

Please keep all discussions about this in the WIP thread only.

There is a helpful guide on how the mod forum works here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-modding-forum-explained.73612/

Ok, thank you

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years