The very top bar issue

I have noticed there has been some changes on the forum look. Personally, what bothers me, is that the top bar with Account, Inbox and Alerts options, which btw looks very neat now, is disappearing when going down. I would like not to disappear, to be always there, so no scrolling all the way up each time, to have it for use. I am talking for Android Opera and Opera on Win10.

Last edited:
:confused:
I haven’t checked the new site on my desktop yet, but two days ago, with the old layout, I got a real
Full screen layout!
This looks like a mobile page. Can you find an option saying “change to desktop” or something similar?

Hmm, this is pretty much how RD has always looked for me on my desktop.

Always use Chrome, so perhaps it is different in other browsers? I dont think i see any 'change to desktop' option anywhere.

It's almost as if the website is designed in a portrait view (vertical) orientation instead of the correct landscape view (horizontal). Which is clearly more suited to mobile as you allude to.

But yeah, more than half of my screen is just blank space because it's not being utilized at all.

Hmm, this is pretty much how RD has always looked for me on my desktop.

Always use Chrome, so perhaps it is different in other browsers? I dont think i see any 'change to desktop' option anywhere.

It's almost as if the website is designed in a portrait view (vertical) orientation instead of the correct landscape view (horizontal). Which is clearly more suited to mobile as you allude to.

But yeah, more than half of my screen is just blank space because it's not being utilized at all.
Strange, I’ll check back after work and post a screenshot. I use Firefox on my PC btw.

I agree that the top bar with the alerts should always be visible. I don't like the way it is currently where I have to scroll all the way back to the top to access it.

Also agree with a previous poster that Race Department should be more prominent on the page. Just that small RD logo is not really enough in my view :thumbsup:

I agree that the top bar with the alerts should always be visible. I don't like the way it is currently where I have to scroll all the way back to the top to access it.

Also agree with a previous poster that Race Department should be more prominent on the page. Just that small RD logo is not really enough in my view :thumbsup:

On my desktop version (Chrome @ Linux) there are two top bars, a narrow one with the alert counter and a bigger one with the pulldown menus. The narrow one does not stay-with-scroll, the bigger one does. I would prefer to have it the other way round. The notification counter is more valuable. And I prefer to try hard to keep stay-with-scroll elements at a minimum. Sometimes I use browsing situations with very little vertical space.

Maybe the entire top bar could be unfold-on-hover?

On my desktop version (Chrome @ Linux) there are two top bars, a narrow one with the alert counter and a bigger one with the pulldown menus. The narrow one does not stay-with-scroll, the bigger one does. I would prefer to have it the other way round. The notification counter is more valuable. And I prefer to try hard to keep stay-with-scroll elements at a minimum. Sometimes I use browsing situations with very little vertical space.

Maybe the entire top bar could be unfold-on-hover?
Yes, that's the same for me and I agree.. the top bar with the notifications is what I really want to stay.

Mine works now too. :thumbsup:
One small problem though. The new posts drop down has vanished from the side of the forum tab when I move my mouse to it. It works first go but then not till I have closed and re-opened the browser.

As you have worked out the forum is undergoing corrective surgery in order to make it more ready for the upcoming year. We are testing out various layouts, working with a number of sources to ensure that we provide the best quality site that we can. However, sometimes we do make errors and do the wrong thing. Thank you all for your understanding, as I know most people would have flipped a table with some of the changes made recently. We do hope you like the layout we currently have! And the discussion about the Alerts bar was very dominant in the staff forums, so do not think that we are ignoring what you have to say. As our users, your say is very important and its great that we hear your feedback, which is what this section of the forums is dedicated to.

Seriously, guys, you need to do your testing away from the live site!

rd.jpg

On my side it is working fine from a technical standpoint. However, I dislike that "New Posts" is now in a section that scrolls out. My "work"flow almost always wants the "New Posts" functionality after I have finished reading some other forum or resource page, which means I am currently on the bottom of such page.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%