The very top bar issue

I have noticed there has been some changes on the forum look. Personally, what bothers me, is that the top bar with Account, Inbox and Alerts options, which btw looks very neat now, is disappearing when going down. I would like not to disappear, to be always there, so no scrolling all the way up each time, to have it for use. I am talking for Android Opera and Opera on Win10.

Last edited:
1gFcy6e.jpg

When I'm on the homepage the popout bar seems to be empty and none of the links have dropdowns, once I'm inside 'the forum' it shows up ok.

1gFcy6e.jpg

When I'm on the homepage the popout bar seems to be empty and none of the links have dropdowns, once I'm inside 'the forum' it shows up ok.

Not an issue. If you notice, every tab you click on such as Community and eSports has a different gray bar under neath it, which is where all of the tabs are which used to be with the drop-down list. This change has very recently happened and I was caught out by it to.

Hope this helps :)

Oh ok, just seems like it makes the site less usable since you can't go from homepage straight to 'watched forums' or 'watched mod categories' anymore. Or in between those two places. I guess I'll change my bookmark to just be 'watched forums' instead of the front news page.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but at work on my 27" monitor i cant see the LOGIN option. When i make the window smaller and pull it inward the LOGIN label is visible. So it seems its just when the window is a certain size (width) that the LOGIN label is visible. Too narrow and there is no option to login or too wide and there is no option to login.

EDIT: Oh, i also noticed that "ALERTS" is not visible either in the same way as LOGIN. At full screen (maximized) i can only see "ACCOUNT" and i have to go in there and then click on ALERTS to go to a full screen of alerts instead of hovering over the bigger ALERTS label that is seen only when i make the window a smaller size. Too small and its not there, too big (full screen) and its not there.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but at work on my 27" monitor i cant see the LOGIN option. When i make the window smaller and pull it inward the LOGIN label is visible. So it seems its just when the window is a certain size (width) that the LOGIN label is visible. Too narrow and there is no option to login or too wide and there is no option to login.

EDIT: Oh, i also noticed that "ALERTS" is not visible either in the same way as LOGIN. At full screen (maximized) i can only see "ACCOUNT" and i have to go in there and then click on ALERTS to go to a full screen of alerts instead of hovering over the bigger ALERTS label that is seen only when i make the window a smaller size. Too small and its not there, too big (full screen) and its not there.
This has now been raised in the staff section, and we will look into it. Thank you for letting us know about this issue :)

I noticed the new sticky menu bar at the top. (Personally I don't like these, because it downsizing the visible area, but i know the advantages of that. )
I want to report that, when i rolled down the page, the search... input field is disappeared. I tried in Win7 Opera 51 browser. In other browsers (Chrome, IE11), it is wrong too.

Yes, @tibi is correct. The Search bar disappears, but everything else remains when scrolling down. I personally have never used the search bar, but I see how it can be just as annoying as losing the Alerts button. However, you can click on "Search Forums", but that takes you to a new page.

I noticed the new sticky menu bar at the top. (Personally I don't like these, because it downsizing the visible area, but i know the advantages of that. )
I want to report that, when i rolled down the page, the search... input field is disappeared. I tried in Win7 Opera 51 browser. In other browsers (Chrome, IE11), it is wrong too.
The white search field is not part of the navigation bar so it can't scroll. However when you scroll you can still use the subnavigation items called "search forums" to make your searches.

Well, this isn't optimal.

Things have arrived at two (not one) static bars, which is a problem for some widescreen configs. And only half of the grey bar is used, with the only content that was in the right half disappearing on scroll anyway. So we just have a greyed out area.

At the same time most of the top/blue bar items are useless to me and I would like to have the "New Posts" item at least in that top bar and make the grey one disappear on scroll.

Also, if I switch to Downloads (as opposed to noodling around in the forum), then the grey bar disappears, and with it all forum entry points. That's not good. It is a common workflow for me to visit the downloads section to have an overview of what people have updated - as part of forum browsing. I can enter that download-sidetrack easily, but I can't get back to the forum easily since the "New Posts" item has disappeared the moment I enter Downloads.

but I can't get back to the forum easily since the "New Posts" item has disappeared the moment I enter Downloads.
Hitting the "forums" page on the blue bar will get you back. If you notice, every single page has a different grey bar. They all have different links for stuff relating to that topic. Forums = New Posts, Downloads = Search Mods for example.

At the same time most of the top/blue bar items are useless to me and I would like to have the "New Posts" item at least in that top bar and make the grey one disappear on scroll.
But to many people, myself included, the top bar includes everything I do use and the grey bar I never actually touch myself. It is one of those personal preference, where we can't do what everyone wants.

And only half of the grey bar is used, with the only content that was in the right half disappearing on scroll anyway.
As mentioned by Bram before:
The white search field is not part of the navigation bar so it can't scroll.

which is a problem for some widescreen configs.
Again, this is one of those things where we can't support everyone and every piece of equipment they have, unfortunately.

I hope this has helped explain the double top bar and the behind some of the choices made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back