F1 2010 The tracks in F1 2010

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Surprisingly I hardly read any comments on the quality of the tracks in F12010 on various forums. I am positive surprised by how accurate they are build layout wise and impressed by the elevations :thumb:

I know my way pretty good on Istanbul Park but with the differences in heights it looked like a brand new track to me. The first corner going downwards is brilliantly done for example :)

I love the quality of the tracks in F1 2010, they look fantastic and the textures and attention to detail make them look like something out of a hollywood movie.... but for almost all of them it seems they didn't get the corners right. They are too tight or too long, too short, too everything. While they are greatly enjoyable i find that none of them resemble exactly what i have seen on the tv or played on other racing games.

The ones of note, ones that i am a big fan of and noticed big differences were.

Montreal, Silverstone, Suzuka, Abu Dhabi.

And they are forgiven for Korea (though it looked sooo much different on the TV) as the track was not even fully built when the game was releeased.

• 666 McGuiNess

I noticed they havent updatet the first chicane on Monza.I do believe Monza recieved a few updatets for this season.Most noticable the first chicane.I like the overall quality of the tracks though.Its a good game imo A bit frustrating at times,but I guess it comes with the terretory LoL To be honest I do find some of the curbs to be a bit too annoying,like the second corner in Korea after the long strait,but you learn to get around it

I dont like the Becketts/Maggots corners on Silverstone. They're not that hilly or sharp in real life. Take a look at Vettels lap from 2009: (the corners after Copse (turn 1) for those that dont know them).

I think the tracks are superbly done in general but i definetely agree with you on this one. Chapel (after becketts and maggots) is way to tight, very easy to run wide on the entry to hanger straight.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%