The Tajo Hillclimb

Tracks The Tajo Hillclimb 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Rafa Sanchez submitted a new resource:

The Tajo Hillclimb - Hillclimb

The Tajo Hillclimb
The track runs from Poveda de la Sierra to Taravilla. Two locations located in the Alto Tajo Natural Park, Spain.

Much of the stretch is just inspiration, no attempt has been made to copy the exact reality.

It is my first contact with modding in general. Thanks to RTB I was able to start from 0 in this world.

914B382D10C08221140286BE9D0A2840AA1DC992

Read more about this resource...

Hey there just wanted to mention one thing that may help if you decided to try and fix the FPS issues.

First off congrats on the first track it is a very solid effort and probably the best RTB track to date. One of the major problems is your use of PNG and JPG textures. If you simply went back and converted them to DDS most of the frame issues would be solved. There are some other issues that would be more involved to fix. But I figured I would mention the textures as that is the simplest fix that would likely give the most results.

Again great track and I hope you continue to build tracks in the future!

I am no expert, but I really enjoyed this track. Graphics are great and there a stretches where you are able to really put your foot to the floor (rather than continually driving around bends). Well done and thank you.

Hey there just wanted to mention one thing that may help if you decided to try and fix the FPS issues.

First off congrats on the first track it is a very solid effort and probably the best RTB track to date. One of the major problems is your use of PNG and JPG textures. If you simply went back and converted them to DDS most of the frame issues would be solved. There are some other issues that would be more involved to fix. But I figured I would mention the textures as that is the simplest fix that would likely give the most results.

Again great track and I hope you continue to build tracks in the future!

Aimed at the list of future changes.
Thank you! : D

• Deleted member 223075

Not bad. I think some textures just need little improvements. But is very good job. Nice track for WRC competition.

Also can you make a proper outline / map ?

Quite enjoying this track, so first of all thank you for the contribution!

I run AC on a GTX1080 so the frame issues aren't really a problem for me, but like everyone else I see a pretty wide swing (+/- 40fps) so it's great to see that you're open to doing a little bit of optimization. I think it will be time well spent.

I also agree with the other posters who have requested a set of replay cams. You've clearly spent an unbelievable amount of time on your environment, and being able to watch replays would encourage people to spend a lot more time appreciating it - as well as posting screenshots and videos. ;)

And lastly, I love the bumpy surface. I think it should be bumpy, it's a 2-lane backroad in the mountains. But I think the height of the bumps is maybe a little much in places.

Edit: Also, have you considered a reverse layout? It's a pretty fun drive backwards as well.

Last edited:
Hi Itcars.
I just tried the Dos and I do not work ...

I'm trying to do the ai line, but I have problems. I can not turn around for "Downhill", I not like that.

Off Topic:
Textures fixed, but I do not notice it performance improves :(

I'd love to try this track but can't. Every time I load the track, I get sent back to the AC launcher. The track loads, then the cars, then at the last moment, I get kicked back to the launcher. I've downloaded the file three times and installed it three times.

Any idea what's going on? I have lots of other mods installed and have rarely had this problem.

I'd love to try this track but can't. Every time I load the track, I get sent back to the AC launcher. The track loads, then the cars, then at the last moment, I get kicked back to the launcher. I've downloaded the file three times and installed it three times.

Any idea what's going on? I have lots of other mods installed and have rarely had this problem.
I think it has to do with the car you are driving. I have the same issue with some mod cars which don´t work for me. If it has to do with the track I don´t know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%