The Tajo Hillclimb

Tracks The Tajo Hillclimb 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Probably because the track is donate-ware and this is the free 'demo' version.

Track is absolutely stunning!!! I drop to 55fps or so in two different spots, and hopefully that gets sorted, but wow this track is a looker! The flow is quite nice too and the mesh feels great.

Thank you, I will be donating soon.
I'm talking about the full version, I've donated and you get new layouts but 2 with only one 1 and then the other with traffic. For the race version I would leave as free road (no two-way traffic) as in the hotlap layouts.

Only problem is I can't get a lap-time, timer keeps going once you reach the finish line...
Add to do list

So I guess you have way too much polygon detail in the huge terrain surrounding the track that takes a big hit on the GPU.
Add to do list

the MP long version (race with 17 slots) is freeroam 2 way traffic?
Yes.

also, guardrails are like wall, why do you wreck the car on the guard rails?
yeah... its a "problem" with walls in RTB, but at least now I can work in zones and not have 3h of kseditor every time I do something ... less bad, at the moment.

It would be nice a free road, with no "wrong way" sign, like original version
Add to do list

Is the track 16km long ? Currently it is listed as 16m on the track info screen in Assetto Corsa.
Add to do list

ok, the hotlap layouts are free lane, so to speak, but why only one pit?
Add to do list

It would be nice a free road, with no "wrong way" sign, like original version
Turn off penalties, go to content/textures/WRONG_WAY.png , replace with a transparent .png file...

or just use this: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/no-wrong-way-sign.5701/
(bonus: you can drive any other tracks in reverse, at least when solo) :)

Tajo is a beauty. It's one of those tracks I load up when I want to "wow" someone seeing AC for the first time.
Runs smooth enough on my system, but I had a few moments of stuttering.

Turn off penalties, go to content/textures/WRONG_WAY.png , replace with a transparent .png file...

or just use this: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/no-wrong-way-sign.5701/

Tajo is a beauty. It's one of those tracks I load up when I want to "wow" someone seeing AC for the first time.
thanks for all the tricks (I already knew them though).
I managed to get to the end finally :) the track itself is really good. I will try the bumpiness fix since even when it pit the car vibrates alone

thanks for all the tricks (I already knew them though).
I managed to get to the end finally :) the track itself is really good. I will try the bumpiness fix since even when it pit the car vibrates alone
That is because the track is outside the suggested limits of AC. Nothing can be done about that. Even the Nords does it ever so slightly if you look closely. It gets worse the farther away from center you get. At the mid point of the track the shaking should be gone.

Hello

Blame73 and ShenonGZ have reported problems with physics in motion systems.

New beta versions of the physics mesh.

Bumps -5 units (blender)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6WlBx6SXnVmbmFEQmJUSHdyS1E

Bumps -10 units (blender) and No Wave :-/
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6WlBx6SXnVmMTk4em9CZnpMOFk

If you have problems with your systems, try these versions to see if we tune them all.
not got motion, but felt with the original and the -5 versions that bumps are so repetitive/computer generated that it killed the immersion a bit. i guess the -10 one is generated in a similar way but they are small enough to not be noticed as often/feel so artificial. hope it is useful in some way. lotus 3-11 or ferrari sf15t seem ok cars to test with

thanks for the awesome track

tags suggestion (based off of trento)
"tags" : ["A2B","Hillclimb","touge","Spain"],

Add to do list

Add to do list

Yes.

yeah... its a "problem" with walls in RTB, but at least now I can work in zones and not have 3h of kseditor every time I do something ... less bad, at the moment.

Add to do list

Add to do list

Add to do list
nice just had to delete the ai lines for the 17slots race mode to make it free roam,

Could you please add 24 slots instead of 17? Thank you very much, amazing track and great update. @Rafa Sanchez
I see some closed roads, any plans on routes expansions in the future? this would be neat :)

btw no strange shaking/bumpness here.. road texture feels awesome on csw v2 at 80% gain, road physical mesh is great, also performance on my system is perfect (fx 8350 + 970gtx), maybe motion system users should dial back their vertical/bump setting for the actuators?
thanks again
cheers

Last edited:

or you could backup and delete ai lines for the wanted layout.

This is the best mod track i have ever tried!!!!
I don't how you did this, bit this track is perfect!
The physics layer is absolutely amazing in my G27, please don't change anything!
Donated, thank you!

PS I hope you have better luck than me!!!
20170605195642_1.jpg

Tried both mesh options provided above for smoother track, the car shaking is still highly visible and affects FF too.

That is because the track is outside the suggested limits of AC. Nothing can be done about that. Even the Nords does it ever so slightly if you look closely. It gets worse the farther away from center you get. At the mid point of the track the shaking should be gone.

What specifically are those limits? Is there a circular area that is the max from point of origin or is it handled differently? Can anything be done to mitigate that other than just to make the overall length shorter? or could potentially unneeded terrain around the track be a factor as well? I'm not a track builder but I see this happen often for mod tracks.

But take for example Lake Louise 50km.. its not really an issue on that track. Not sure why.

Not sure how people don't notice it or it doesn't happen to them as its not controller related or end user related its a physics thing which affects everyone, a byproduct of that is that the shaking affects FF considerably but its because physics calculations are going crazy with micro bumps. Plus the camera is always shaking as well.

Thanks to the author for doing this, as I understand this is new grounds for him and for a first try its extremely well done.

Last edited:
I just looked and it really isn't outside the limits but it is acting like it is. Not sure what is going on here to be honest.

Lake Louise is large but it fits in the recommended space if I remember. It loops around itself to create the distance.

If I remember correctly 16kmX16km is the suggested map size for AC. I did just confirm that it is a distance from the center of map issue as I drove to the halfway point and the shaking stopped. It is just the numbers don't make much sense.

I also tested the previous version and it does the same thing so it wasn't introduced into 1.1. It has always been there.

Last edited:
Yep - if you pay attention to some of the larger mod tracks (Pacific Coast, LA Canyons are other examples) you'll find this happening there too. And a little bit at Nordschleife. You may not feel it there but if you turn on the suspensions dev app you can see its effects on the rear toe trace. It's an engine limitation in AC and not something modders can fix; all that can be done is to work around it.

Yep - if you pay attention to some of the larger mod tracks (Pacific Coast, LA Canyons are other examples) you'll find this happening there too. And a little bit at Nordschleife. You may not feel it there but if you turn on the suspensions dev app you can see its effects on the rear toe trace. It's an engine limitation in AC and not something modders can fix; all that can be done is to work around it.
Yeah but as my previous post states the numbers don't really add up. The start line is only 6km from the map center and that is the furthest point.

did he maybe put the map at some odd height, so that we have two rounding errors adding up? I remember some "trick", people placing the whole track at some kilometres height so that the horizon lines up better

did he maybe put the map at some odd height, so that we have two rounding errors adding up? I remember some "trick", people placing the whole track at some kilometres height so that the horizon lines up better
I'm the one who put RIR at 1600 feet at its actual elevations. It was not my intention to fix the horizon that is just how high the track really was. And when dealing with a topo map it is easier to build the track that way.

As for this track it is not elevated either. It just doesn't make much sense. I might play with it tomorrow as I am really curious why this is happening.

The shaking is rounding errors / lack of decimal precision in the 3D rendering. It is due to the size of the track. It's called popping and due to single precision in XY grid coordinates in the driver. Basically on each frame, at map extents, the final 3D rendering of every asset results in a very slight difference due to lack of decimal precision. This shows stuff moving around very slightly. It's not physics or cars. Evo triangle shows this also in places. At centre of the map it will be stable as near the origin (0,0) - with most decimal places available for precision. Nearer the edge of the map you will have the most popping due to the XY being a big number with limited numbers/precision in the decimal portion. Sorry for poor wording but trying to make simple.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back