The T500RS Thread

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Hi folks,
Thought I would take another stab at this game tonight. Downloaded it over a year ago but didn't really get into it. Anyway as there is no thread dedicated to the T500RS I thought I would make one. :cool: Feel free to share your experiences of RRRE with this wheel in here.

Just been fiddling with the FFB and I see the original values in the game were badly suited for it. I couldn't originally feel anything!

So my main point in posting: does anyone know the purpose of each of the FFB settings? It's not exactly clear. They are as follows:

FFB Strength - I assume this is simply the overall strength
FFB Steering Force - ???
FFB Steering Grip Weight - ???
Steering Weight Force - ???
FFB Curb Effects - I assume how much you can feel the curbs
FFB Curb Pull - ???

Also they seem to be using a default rotation of around 560 degrees. Would that be correct? I measured this by using the 'Test Zone' in the control options screen and spinning my wheel around. I believe that's roughly equivalent to most GT cars (although I normally use 540). No matter what I change it to in the profiler it remains the same. I therefore set the degrees of rotation in game to 560. My wheel now matches the one on screen. :geek:

Your thoughts are appreciated,
:D

Hi folks,
Thought I would take another stab at this game tonight. Downloaded it over a year ago but didn't really get into it. Anyway as there is no thread dedicated to the T500RS I thought I would make one. :cool: Feel free to share your experiences of RRRE with this wheel in here.

Just been fiddling with the FFB and I see the original values in the game were badly suited for it. I couldn't originally feel anything!

So my main point in posting: does anyone know the purpose of each of the FFB settings? It's not exactly clear. They are as follows:

FFB Strength - I assume this is simply the overall strength
FFB Steering Force - ???
FFB Steering Grip Weight - ???
Steering Weight Force - ???
FFB Curb Effects - I assume how much you can feel the curbs
FFB Curb Pull - ???

Also they seem to be using a default rotation of around 560 degrees. Would that be correct? I measured this by using the 'Test Zone' in the control options screen and spinning my wheel around. I believe that's roughly equivalent to most GT cars (although I normally use 540). No matter what I change it to in the profiler it remains the same. I therefore set the degrees of rotation in game to 560. My wheel now matches the one on screen. :geek:

Your thoughts are appreciated,
:D

Wheel/pedal setting instructions should be stickied in the seperate section for each individual wheel type. Would save us alot of time. So many unnecessary questions could be answered if the sim explained what the options did.

Interesting read.

Guys I have a t300 but I literally cant play rre, due to the over powering self centering force. So I get a lot of sway off corner exit.

I thought maybe lowering the caster setting would fix this but there is no such car setup option.

james when you are going straight and you turn left or right, you don't get the force trying to re-centre the car?

im gonna post a video of the bad centring I get on rre compared to pcars or rf2.

Last edited:
james when you are going straight and you turn left or right, you don't get the force trying to re-centre the car?

im gonna post a video of the bad centring I get on rre compared to pcars or rf2.

There's a strong centring force at work but it's not causing me problems.

What setting are you guys using in the Thrustmaster profiler for "Auto-center settings"?
I found that this setting has a profound effect on the feeling in R3E especially, so do test it out. Note that you need to restart the game for some of the settings to start working.
Have a look at my post from last september;
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/page-9#post-1816210
Dunno if the settings are any good, I don't have the wheel any longer but it might be of use for getting better feel?

nope even turning centre off I still get this

this is me., im simple turning the wheel slightly and letting go. where most other sims or real life let the wheel straignten out maturally , rre wants to force the car back straight and it causes this mad oscillation.: If this was a real car there would be a lot of fatalities!

This is the strength im fighting in corners, this causes my swaying..

View My Video

this is me., im simple turning the wheel slightly and letting go. where most other sims or real life let the wheel straignten out maturally , rre wants to force the car back straight and it causes this mad oscillation.: If this was a real car there would be a lot of fatalities!

View My Video
I can get the car to do that quite easily as well, both with my T300 and the Fanatec CSR I had before it. Centring forces clearly work against each other and cause increasing oscillation in the wheel if left unchecked (hands off the wheel) leading to a spin out. But it rarely gets to this point through normal driving, in my experience anyway. It's something that has to be kind of induced.

It's also fair to say that a road car is set up to be very stable whereas a race car has to be more on edge. Not that this 'hands off the wheel' oscillation is something I would consider realistic in any way.

yeah I know its not realistic I was trying to prove the force im fighting and through my t300 its quite strong, its as if the wheels always pulling away from you doesn't feel natural. I will say it still feels like a hovercraft on a track.. just doesn't feels as good as pcars gsce or rf2 or AC for that matter!

View My Video
I'm not sure I can see the problem in your video 0o

so when you lessen your grip, whilsty turning the wheel in your road car, the wheel reacts like its does in my video?
no.....
I don't think so, there would be fatalities all over UK roads. Its as if the ffb isn't based on the physics of the tyre self centring. I know the caster setting can help this but RRe doesn't seem to have such a setup option.

I'm gonna have to test this myself tonight, see if I can replicate what you are experiencing.
But until then a quick question, is that the GTR 3 12C you are driving? If yes, do know that this is one of, if not THE worst car in the game and has not been updated to the latest physics and FFB as far as I know.
Test the ADAC 12C instead, same car basically but feels different.

I just tested, not only do i get the same behaviour as you do in R3E, but even in AC, iRacing and pCars they all do the same if i turn the wheel slightly and then let go, all of them oscillate.
Which is kind of what i expected, as i said i don't see the problem in your video cos under those conditions (letting go of the wheel) i get the same.
Do note that I'm not claiming that you don't have a problem, i just have problems seeing that problem in your video.

yeah your right most other games do it.. but others seem more manageable rre cente force is too strong and makes the car seem floaty swayey and hovercraft like..

I know this will get a ton of dislikes, but doesn't change that rre compared to other sims is just weird.

There's nothing to dislike about your post, but considering the fact that there are S3 developers that run the same wheel as you I think it's safe to say that either it is possible to get your wheel set up to feel right or there must be some gremlin in your specific setup that destroys it for you, input lag, conflicting drivers or who knows what.
There's also the third option of expectations, maybe everything is "fine" on your system and it's just not behaving like you expect it to.
R3E FFB certainly feels different to AC and pCars on my wheel, but not bad or wrong in any way.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back