The sunday project, G25/G27 Hybrid Shifter

Hi there, I don't know if someone already posted something like this (no search results) but I am quite happy about my little mod and I want to share it with you too...

Needed parts:
- 1 working g25 shifter
- 1 working g27 shifter
- tools and 1 hour of your life

How to proceed:
- Disassemble both shifter units.
- Disconnect all the wires from the circuit board, do it carefully.
- remove the bottom piece of the G27 shifter, don't touch the mechanical part, remove only the black wire coming out of the G27 (the one goes on wheel base).
- Open the G25 shifter, remove the metal plate that goes under the knob to change shifting modes. Be careful as the sliding mechanism under it will want to pop up and the springs will come out. So hold that thing down and be ready to take that out (its two sliding pieces overlapping, hold them together when you take it out). You'll also need that switch.
- Remove the G25 black cable as you did for the G27 shifter.

Time to put it back:
- Install those three parts (switch, then sliding mechanism, then the plate) into the G27 base.
- mount the G25's cord and the G25 board and swap them into the G27 base.
- Finally take the top half of the G25 and put it onto the G27 base after making all the connections, please don't forget the knob switch wires!!!

The result:
G27 base and H-shifter mechanism
G25 sequential mechanism
G25 wiring harness
G25 top w/circuit board

If you have some difficulties putting 5th and 6th gear, change the two screws securing G27 shifter stick on the top with 2 flatten screws to avoid screws hitting plastic and blocking gears.

How it works? Works great, especially the sequential.

Last edited:
Hmmm... So why all this? I might have not caught the purpose, but you could easily use the G25 shifter as it is and just bring it to a better feel with some spring and preload mods. Which is kinda what you did by taking the mechanical parts from the G27 shifter.

Upvote 0
The purpose?Some free time...lol
Jokes apart, you have the best of the both without no need of adapters or pieces, you can still use mods on it to improve it further...

Upvote 0
I am not sure about it, I used a G25 shifter with mechanical parts from a G27 one with a G27 wheel and they work well...
If you swap the black cable (the one goes from shifter to wheel) G25>G27 maybe it will work but I not sure so if you try...you are doing it at your risk...

Upvote 0
The wiring is not the same. You can either buy an adapter or solder one for yourself if you have the skills. ;)

Upvote 0
The wiring is not the same. You can either buy an adapter or solder one for yourself if you have the skills. ;)

If you swap them you don't need adapters or soldering...
In my mod I have a G25 shifter board working with a G27 wheel board, to avoid soldering or adapters I put the G27 shifter cable to G25 shifter board...I think he can do the trick too...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.1%