DiRT Rally 2.0 The Subaru Impreza & Ford Focus RS Available Now For DiRT 2.0

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters latest DLC release is here - introducing the 2001 Subaru Impreza and Ford Focus RS Rally machines.

Two of the finest rally cars from the early 2000's, the beautiful Ford Focus RS and Subaru Impreza WRC cars are the latest content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 racing game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Season 3 DLC Schedule

In other DiRT 2.0 news, Codemasters have also revealed some interesting insight into the current and future state of VR within the title. Having finally added Oculus VR support to the title in recent weeks, many gamers have been left a little disappointed with the performance experienced when driving in Virtual Reality, something that the developers have acknowledged and confirmed they are looking at for a future update to the game:

First up, we posted a VR settings guide. If you haven’t seen it yet it’s here:
Next, we looked at what changes could be made in time for our next update. Version 1.8 is expected to release around September 3. Here’s a snippet of the Patch Notes (which we’re currently assembling) detailing what’s changing for VR:
  • Added option allowing players to choose whether to launch the game in 2D Mode or VR Mode.
  • Added support for separate graphics presets between 2D Mode and VR Mode.
  • Added support for “-novr” launch command.
  • Added ability to bind “Reset View” to a preferred buttons/keys.
  • Resolved issue where the game would crash if no VR headset was plugged in.
  • Improved readability of UI text in VR Mode.
In addition to this, we are currently investigating what is required in terms of time and resources to implement Oculus SDK support into the Steam version of the game.

Adding Oculus SDK support to the Steam version is not a simple matter of flicking a switch, nor is it a case of copy/pasting code from the Oculus version. It’s also not something that can happen immediately or in a very short space of time. We’ll share more in the future once things progress.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

For Season 1 and 2 as was stated in Deluxe edition description. Did you get them?

But what they are adding in terms of VR stuff is just QoL addons, not actual performance fixes which is the major problem with DR in VR

I have never tried a game with worse VR support than this giant turd of a game

The text in-game is completely unreadable, it has terrible stuttering if you move your head, and the performance is awful compared to other VR racing games
What were Codemasters thinking when they released this to the public??

• Deleted member 197115

Not sure why DR 2.0 VR gets all that criticism. On WMR it performs bettet than PCars 2, looks awesome too.
Are you on Rift, may be Oculus native version works better?

I really want to play this on my Rift, but I'll just wait and snap up the full package with all DLC once the dust settles and the price goes down with the issues resolved. Thanks to the more eager amongst us for reporting the problems and saving me hours of mucking around and disappointment

I will repeat it again and again, putting some (interesting ?) DLC in this game in his actual statement with annoying issues, since day one, is totally unfair to stay polite and elegant..

Last but not least, the price is very expensive for some recycled cars and stages.

Cheers. ;-)

For my Rift S the game is unplayable. Won't be touching this until Steam version has native Oculus support. Nor buy anything from Conmasters

Paid full price for Deluxe, back when the game launched (75€, was it) and now worthless

----------------

Codemasters says: "Fixing VR won't be a quick process, or matter of copypasting code from the Oculus Store version"

Codemasters means: "We are waiting a few months, so as many as possible Oculus owners (who probably have money, since they have VR in the first place) give in and repurchase the game"

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing