• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured The Subaru Impreza & Ford Focus RS Available Now For DiRT 2.0

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,412

Codemasters latest DLC release is here - introducing the 2001 Subaru Impreza and Ford Focus RS Rally machines.

Two of the finest rally cars from the early 2000's, the beautiful Ford Focus RS and Subaru Impreza WRC cars are the latest content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 racing game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Season 3 DLC Schedule

In other DiRT 2.0 news, Codemasters have also revealed some interesting insight into the current and future state of VR within the title. Having finally added Oculus VR support to the title in recent weeks, many gamers have been left a little disappointed with the performance experienced when driving in Virtual Reality, something that the developers have acknowledged and confirmed they are looking at for a future update to the game:

First up, we posted a VR settings guide. If you haven’t seen it yet it’s here:
    Next, we looked at what changes could be made in time for our next update. Version 1.8 is expected to release around September 3. Here’s a snippet of the Patch Notes (which we’re currently assembling) detailing what’s changing for VR:
    • Added option allowing players to choose whether to launch the game in 2D Mode or VR Mode.
    • Added support for separate graphics presets between 2D Mode and VR Mode.
    • Added support for “-novr” launch command.
    • Added ability to bind “Reset View” to a preferred buttons/keys.
    • Resolved issue where the game would crash if no VR headset was plugged in.
    • Improved readability of UI text in VR Mode.
    In addition to this, we are currently investigating what is required in terms of time and resources to implement Oculus SDK support into the Steam version of the game.

Adding Oculus SDK support to the Steam version is not a simple matter of flicking a switch, nor is it a case of copy/pasting code from the Oculus version. It’s also not something that can happen immediately or in a very short space of time. We’ll share more in the future once things progress.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    Don’t you love corporate damage control...
    That’s 2 strikes on DR2, luckily they have still plenty of DLC plans.

Sorry but this one makes me a bit cynical.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    This shouldn't be surprising given their recent track record

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Alexandre

Alexandre

Ratings:
    +17
    After the VR update, I started to have a lot of problems with framerates... since then the game never worked smoothly in my single monitor. Can't drive, it makes me sick, ill...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yeschristopher

Yeschristopher

Ratings:
    +10
    what i got to pay for it now? Why did I buy deluxe edition for again?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +529
    For Season 1 and 2 as was stated in Deluxe edition description. Did you get them?

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    But what they are adding in terms of VR stuff is just QoL addons, not actual performance fixes which is the major problem with DR in VR

I have never tried a game with worse VR support than this giant turd of a game

The text in-game is completely unreadable, it has terrible stuttering if you move your head, and the performance is awful compared to other VR racing games
    What were Codemasters thinking when they released this to the public??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +35
    Not even a single new car to go with the re-released content this time!?

9. XRRoy

XRRoy

Ratings:
    +44
    Recycling old contents again and again and again and again and again and again... seriously, what's new in DR2?
    That's why I stop buying their game nowadays, GRID 2019? **** off please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium

Ratings:
    +265
    WOW - two great cars for Dirt Rally 2. Thanks Codemasters

And Dirt (rally) cheap 2 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RSS GTN pack (Two cars) 6 Euros
    rFactor 2 Two strong pack 7 Euros
    Dirt Rally 2 two cars pack 4 Euros

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +529
    Not sure why DR 2.0 VR gets all that criticism. On WMR it performs bettet than PCars 2, looks awesome too.
    Are you on Rift, may be Oculus native version works better?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    That’s a proven fact - the Oculus store version has native support, which should not surprise anyone.

However the original Dirt Rally also had native oculus support, on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +529
  14. zi99y

zi99y
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    I really want to play this on my Rift, but I'll just wait and snap up the full package with all DLC once the dust settles and the price goes down with the issues resolved. Thanks to the more eager amongst us for reporting the problems and saving me hours of mucking around and disappointment

15. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +182
    Haha You pay for deluxe edition and have to shell out more cash for content that was actually base from the first game. Good joke, Codemaster.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +63
    I will repeat it again and again, putting some (interesting ?) DLC in this game in his actual statement with annoying issues, since day one, is totally unfair to stay polite and elegant..

Last but not least, the price is very expensive for some recycled cars and stages.

Cheers. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels

Ratings:
    +131
    Refunded due to the USB bug that causes microstutters, game ran pretty well in vr for me but if wheel is plugged in it freezes every few seconds. Apparently a bug since Dirt one.

18. KaRally

KaRally

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm probably one of the few but for me VR works pretty well. I have pimax 5k plus and Stuttering is very rare.
    For me Dr 2.0 beside iRacing are the best vr games
    fov and immersion in DR2.0 is amazing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +561
    For my Rift S the game is unplayable. Won't be touching this until Steam version has native Oculus support. Nor buy anything from Conmasters

Paid full price for Deluxe, back when the game launched (75€, was it) and now worthless

----------------

Codemasters says: "Fixing VR won't be a quick process, or matter of copypasting code from the Oculus Store version"

Codemasters means: "We are waiting a few months, so as many as possible Oculus owners (who probably have money, since they have VR in the first place) give in and repurchase the game"

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
  20. nino2668

nino2668

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not put the fiat pinto abarth s2000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.