F1 2011 The State of Codemasters forums

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi guys, I know this is kind of off topic, but I just couldn't take it anymore.
The condition that the codemasters forums, in particularly F1 2012, section, is just a complete mess. I'm not talking about the actual aesthetic of the site, but more the quality of people that are using it to voice their opinion.

I realise that it would be more logical to post this on the CM forums themselves, but, with the amount of people who could be considered mentally brain dead on there, there would be no point because of the utter **** that they spout out of their mouths.

So I thought it would be much better and, more intelligible to post this here, where 99% of the users actually have neurons firing in their brains. Lol.

Anywho, my grievance is the sheer amount of mindless complaining and slagging off of the f1 games that some people are doing on that forum. They have complete disregard for anything that the codemasters devs actually do correctly. All they do is flat out complain. It's as though codemasters cannot do ANYTHING right, every single thing is something to be complained about.

And people are saying that they're not even going to give the game the time of day, just to see if it's any good. AND THE GAME IS 4 MONTHS AWAY FROM RELEASE!!!

These people have no clue about how difficult it must be to create a video game that will sell to the majority of people. sure, the game has its flaws, but what game doesn't?! No game is 100% bug free! By in large, I think Codemasters have done an exceptional job with the series.

My question to you guys is:

Why do these people buy games from Codemasters if they hate it so much? why don't they kindly F*** off.

And that was my rant.
Hope you enjoyed it, lol.

Exactly. I love this game, it's one of the best I've ever played for the sheer hours of enjoyment its given me. Now after finding RD and a community of people as into it as I am, I love it even more. Sure, it's not perfect, there are niggles, annoyances and some straight up glitches, but it's still a great game. The people that can only hate are the same as the ones that say this driver or that driver is rubbish. He's not rubbish, he's in f1 you morons! :)

I definitely put it amongst the top 5 of racing games I have played over a great many years (around 25-30). On a value for money basis alone it probably comes out on top of the tree with rate based on it's 35 quid price tag of just a handful of pennies.. where else would you find that sort of return :).

Granted it has it's faults which have been frustrating at times but it still has us all returning to it on a more or less daily basis for another fix 9 months after it was released. Testimony to a fantastic game :thumbsup:

Agreed with above posts.
400+ hours (so far).
My gym membership costs each month what the lifetime cost of the game is.
Its getting a lot more time than any other Ive played and its been huge fun. Tons better than 2010 and still theuy moan as if moaning louder makes them more right.
A lot of ppl when they come into forums seem to lose any shred of manners and perspective and behave with total lack of accountability.
What they forget isthat their regular loud and whining voices just totally desensitise the listener and they become background noise.

oh but...Topherchees you might also give what you seek and clean up your language a bit too!:whistling:

Hi guys, I know this is kind of off topic, but I just couldn't take it anymore.
The condition that the codemasters forums, in particularly F1 2012, section, is just a complete mess. I'm not talking about the actual aesthetic of the site, but more the quality of people that are using it to voice their opinion.

I realise that it would be more logical to post this on the CM forums themselves, but, with the amount of people who could be considered mentally brain dead on there, there would be no point because of the utter **** that they spout out of their mouths.

So I thought it would be much better and, more intelligible to post this here, where 99% of the users actually have neurons firing in their brains. Lol.

Anywho, my grievance is the sheer amount of mindless complaining and slagging off of the f1 games that some people are doing on that forum. They have complete disregard for anything that the codemasters devs actually do correctly. All they do is flat out complain. It's as though codemasters cannot do ANYTHING right, every single thing is something to be complained about.

And people are saying that they're not even going to give the game the time of day, just to see if it's any good. AND THE GAME IS 4 MONTHS AWAY FROM RELEASE!!!

These people have no clue about how difficult it must be to create a video game that will sell to the majority of people. sure, the game has its flaws, but what game doesn't?! No game is 100% bug free! By in large, I think Codemasters have done an exceptional job with the series.

My question to you guys is:

Why do these people buy games from Codemasters if they hate it so much? why don't they kindly F*** off.

And that was my rant.
Hope you enjoyed it, lol.
You are 100% correct. I wanted to say that a few times.I started visiting that forum right when F1 2010 came out.
There were so many helpful nice people, but in the last year, I have watched it's decline to a pitiful bunch of whiners, and self elevated idiots. I have not visited the site in along time. I wish Codemasters would shut it down. No, I take that back, then they would come here.

I have asked some noob questions at RD, involving PC stuff mainly, and have always been treated with dignity and respect no matter how noobish the inquiry.

Since I am on the subject .....kudos of appreciation to Warren Dawes for helping me relentlessly set up and solve problems for three straight days with RBR/RSRBR.

Keep up the great work....RD rocks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back