RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

race 1.... q17 but had an okay opening lap or two and suddenly found myself up in p7 and gasping in the thin air... ho ho...

then came the moment maurice mentioned... dude, nay probs, think it was more my fault anyway... saw you there and misjudged the room... and what would normally be a small tap ended up with my car spinning like i'd hit a bollard... weeeird... tried to drop back in behind ya to let ya know but that just confused matters when aritan arrived on the scene... so apologies geezers...

anyways... after that managed to spin my ass into the banking whilst running 10th, losing the back of my car in the process... nice long pit to fix and then pleasurable wee drive back to 12th... :good:

race 2... ace start compared to nuno in front of me... only juuuust managed to avoid him... gotta love a heart attack start :D....

ahow, towards the end of the first lap, in the downhill hairpin, we find fernando performing a pretty spicy track re-entry... we touch... i would then assume you back off, realising yer on the racing line... but no, more shuffly shuffly and 2 corners later i realised you nailed yourself... not my fault, dude....

race ended in the esses on the next (s)lap.... ignored a subtle pendulum effect which instantly became a massive pendulum effect and rear quarter slapped the barrier, killing t'engine....

i still bloody love these cars... and that was a tasty wee track... thanks for coming out, peeps...

anyways... after that managed to spin my ass into the banking whilst running 10th, losing the back of my car in the process... nice long pit to fix and then pleasurable wee drive back to 12th... :good:

I saw the crash, your pitstop didn't actually fix the missing rear end problem(unless it did but the graphics didn't show it)! :laugh2:

lol

Thanks Andy for organising. I love these cars.

seriously, I cant believe it, how hard is it to take it easy in the first lap? and then if that wasnt enough, when I got hit, the driver didnt wait for me, just continued driving without stopping.. time to report absence.. I was at 5th place place at the first lap when I got tapped from behind, then in race 2 on lap 2 I was in 3rd place when I got hit too. BELIEVE ME, I AM MAD. I went all back to 17th place because of the absence

• Andrew Evans

i'm proposing this is the last round in this, uh, season.... so, we'll reset the scores every five rounds...

for the next season i thought we might run aggregated times, rather than a points system... with a standard 3:00 penalty people who don't set a time... here's what the current table would look like with that system:

season1round4.png
season1totals.png

so, do you have a preference? or do you just not care?
after all, it's just a bit of proper jobbing minge club... :nod:

Great racing last night,very close times and racing with Gunther and Craig in particular.
Must apologize to Robert McColl in race 1.
Went under him on one of the fast left handers in the dip at the start of the lap. Didn't feel I had touched him,but in the mirror saw he went off the track.Wasn't sure whether or not to wait for him but as I felt we hadn't touched pressed on.
Watched the replay after and although it showed no contact it was also obvious that he hadn't gone off by himself, and it was my presence there that sent him off.i e although the cars didn't actually touch, debris from the cars flew in the air. Probably, similar to last week with Warren and myself, his replay might show contact, whereas mine didn't.
What should be the protocol there, it was obviously a Simbin on-line collision detection thing, but should I have re-dressed anyway.
Warren did re-dress last week for me, and I on the receiving side definitely felt that hit, and Robert probably did last night too and might have felt aggrieved.What should we do in those situations?

Yeah first race at beginning big mess ..once again drivers went out of the track then came over to the track with out waiting for the other platoon of cars pass by .(not by the rules)eheh

Than after get involved in huge accident cause of that.. i got to 14. than crashed no tires ...so i had to pit never recover but finished.

Second one big confusion again of various accidents but i did´t crashed into any one ..

Than nice battling with BOB he crashed in to the wall before pit had i finish 15 with my engine off no drop of fuel lolol :dance2:

Nice races guys ...Congrat to all winners I Love these r8 but some times looks i have a farm of horses on the back of my car .:sinister:
cheers see you next one

Firstly Sorry to Yves for holding you up in first race.

Secondly Thanks Andrew for letting me join so late.

Thirdly Reminder to self to practice before joining even if i don`t think i will make it.

Fourthly Had a lot of fun on this track with these cars specially battling with Carlos in the second race, until I hit the wall before the pit entrance with 6mins to go, race over.

Fifthly did i say i had fun?

In doing some practice for this event, I'm about a second or so off where I should be. I lose most my time in the first sector. Must work on the time more to be competitive with you guys. I'm hitting 1.57ish with the feeling that I can get another second and a half if I nail one. I figure 1.55 flat would be competitive for the poll. At least I hope it would.

I feel that "light" rubbing that my end with one off the track is RL racing (esp that when one driver often doesn't feel anything in the first place), but anything else is a wait for them to get back on track thing...

• Theo Loonstra

Ok quick question where do i put the skinpack?
I haven't gotten into GTR Evo a lot yet and haven't even added tracks or skins etc yet so I am a bit confused here since there is a Race07 offline folder and in that folder is the GTR Evo folder.

Qual: 4th - Finish: 2nd

Saw Cris in pole do a big jump start and got a run on the car ahead and aimed for the second apex early to claim the turn,but the car in 3rd came off the curb awkwardly and we had a small nudge that i just held the car and no more losing a bundle of places,recovered more or less right beside Alen P. and i outbraked and went in early for the apex of T3,Alen seemed aware of this and as far as i was concerned it was good pass,but i see on the replay Alen spins there,i felt absolutely nothing like any kind of contact and didnt even bother checking behind afterwards,on my replay as well there isnt actually any contact bewteen our cars yet yours behaves like there is,i have no problems with waiting when i cause any accidents,ive had to do it in previous events,but i have to have some kind of clue as to there even being any incident,there was another moment later in the race when i put a pass on someone at the second to last turn,i again was in good postition lining up the pass,and fairly claimed the turn getting in nice and tight,but when i leave the exit i see the other car in trouble spinning....i can not see at all how i was the cause of that,final part of the race was fun trying to chase Rob G but he was going good pace.
Race 2 arrived at the exit part of T1 and a car was almost parked mid turn,i managed to somehow anchor up enough to not touch them but then i got tapped in the back putting me off track and down the order a bit,enjoyed a long race of much battles getting up to 3rd and closing Yves a bit,but he responded well and was never under threat from me.
Many Thanks Andrew and RD :good:.

What should be the protocol there, it was obviously a Simbin on-line collision detection thing, but should I have re-dressed anyway.
Warren did re-dress last week for me, and I on the receiving side definitely felt that hit, and Robert probably did last night too and might have felt aggrieved.What should we do in those situations?

This is a very difficult one to be clear about. In our case last week, Grant, my decision was easier because I could clearly see you go sideways, but in a side by side case, you don't get that better view. You can only make a judgement call at the time, but your clean driving record is impeccable, so no one would accuse you of trying to take unfair advantage.

In this case it might be useful for you and Robert to compare replays (as we did) and feed that info back to Gunthar, as I know he is looking to see if he can help with this issue (although it looks like a basic GTRE issue).
Do you have the Bone Spring mod installed in your .plr file, as recommended by Gunthar. We may need to make sure all competitors have it.

It's really disappointing that GTRE has this "issue" where the tiniest (or in some cases almost touch) touch can lead to exaggerated reactions by cars, hopefully it can be improved. In the meantime, all we can do is to be aware of it and try to keep a greater distance between cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%