The Snake

Tracks The Snake 0.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Todd K submitted a new resource:

The Snake - The Snake, Mulholland Hwy near Malibu, CA

This is an ALPHA release to test a new road construction method I've been working on. The road surface and ground textures here were generated using photogrammetry. The elevation change, road camber angle, and variable shoulder detail is all straight from the photogrammetry. I've been building a ~40 mile network of all my favorite canyon roads around Malibu which I'll be releasing at a later date as a separate track. You can follow my current progress on that project...

Read more about this resource...

Wow this looks amazing. I haven't actually tried it yet but I just was sent the link to this project. I'll try it in VR over the course of the day, but even from the video posted here, stunning. It amazes me extremely what some of you guys can pull out of this "dated" sim. It is mind boggling what guys like you with amazing tracks and others by creating tools like Custom Shader Patch, Sol. etc. squeeze out of the original game. Wow.... I'll come back after I've tried it in VR, but I'm already looking forward to when there is a bigger area.

I started sim-cruising not too long ago and spend a lot of time having a relaxing drive on LAC. It' s just my favorite thing to get the feet back to the ground after a stressfull day at work. And this looks just like it has the potential to be as awesome and versatile when there is a longer track!!!

You might want to remove the capital letter from the folder name. I don't know if they cause issues in tracks, but they do in cars, so perhaps just to be safe.

First and foremost Thank you! This is remarkable and an amazing effort. Any chance you will be updating this track in the future?. Is there anything we can do to incentivize you to further develop or expand this incredible route?. Best Regards.

First and foremost Thank you! This is remarkable and an amazing effort. Any chance you will be updating this track in the future?. Is there anything we can do to incentivize you to further develop or expand this incredible route?. Best Regards.
+1

Hi can anyone help i have downloadd into content manager but when I try and select the track it says Tag "circuit" is missing. New to Assetto so sorry if it is something stupid that should be obvious. Thanks

Hi can anyone help i have downloadd into content manager but when I try and select the track it says Tag "circuit" is missing. New to Assetto so sorry if it is something stupid that should be obvious. Thanks
Avoid using CM for installations. Unzip the contents into the tracks folder manually, it's always best nothing can go wrong.

Todd,
I love all of your tracks, thanks for the excellent efforts! Even though this one is short it's pretty amazing for a v0.01! Living in LA, it's great to have these local roads to drive in a sim. One question.. in all of your photogrammetry-based tracks .. Topanga/Santa Monica Mtns and this one, the road shows up as very grainy and specular. I noticed that other peoples' videos don't show this effect. Is there something I need to change in my settings to eliminate it? It doesn't happen in your Mulholland Dr track, which doesn't look like photogrammetry.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%