The Simpit interview with Jay Ekkel of SimBin

I just realized something. After this humongous update is released; I can finally scream F*** **F to all the whiners out there. "boo we want ai, we want mp, waaa waaaa" Nothing but cluttering the forums/comment sections everywhere.

(since rre's ai and mp are good, i don't imagine there will be that many whiners)

I just realized something. After this humongous update is released; I can finally scream F*** **F to all the whiners out there. "boo we want ai, we want mp, waaa waaaa" Nothing but cluttering the forums/comment sections everywhere.

(since rre's ai and mp are good, i don't imagine there will be that many whiners)
Because those whiners were unjustified in their complaints, right?

Even Jay Ekkel said in the interview that he gets bored of hot-lapping after 30 minutes.

Because those whiners were unjustified in their complaints, right?

Even Jay Ekkel said in the interview that he gets bored of hot-lapping after 30 minutes.

They would be justified if rre was a finished product or if simbin were lying. Simbin never lied. They just kept us waiting. They never gave us a date. They only said "it's coming". It's coming, can mean anything. Tomorrow or next year.

People who purchased all the stuff knew exactly what they were getting into. Just like i knew what i was getting into(and i don't regret it at all. sunk in nearly 50 bucks including dtm)

Watched the video last night at 2am when I couldn't sleep due to the effin heat down here and what can I say, it made me fall asleep easily afterwards. No offense though! :D:D:D

Pretty cool news with the recently aquired licenses, looking forward to that content in the future (old vs. new Corvette or so :cool:).

Complaints were justified.
But it is true that we needed to remind ourselves that its still beta and early in development.

I am/was happy with what the game offered so far but i would lie if i wasn't highly anticipating updates/add on or ANYTHING more.
My thirst is unquenchable for this title :) ( My wife is starting to complain lol )

I really hope that multiplayer will help R3E to gain a better user base. I purchased loads of their content and I must say that sound-wise I believe R3E is miles ahead of its competition. Obviously every game / sim has its qualities but if R3E wants to become a success afterall then the MP needs to attract players, otherwise the concept with the ingame purchases won't work. To be honest I'm fairly surprised it lasted that long considering all we had so far was just a hot-lapping contest as Jay mentioned in the video.

I believe today we are in a really unique situation with all those sims out or soon to be out there and what 1 year ago seemed like a dream come true for us simracers, nowadays might actually turn out to be a real problem for some of the games if you consider that we don't have an overly big fanbase (when considering just simracers and not the casual console guys etc.).

That's a damn great and really enjoyable interview. Thanks Jay for giving us your honest opinion.
I think this interview is answering a lot of questions and gives us a good insight look, why certain decisions were made. (e.g. regarding DTM)

What a nice and honest bloke... just seeing his friendly video makes me want to support the new "simbin" but im gonna wait for the new updates to take shape before I plunge into buying dtm and RRe content..

Has lot of potential..

• Mikko Lashay

Pure and natural quality is what I see in this game, keep it on guyz!

:roflmao: @ 2:15
Jay: I've heard some complaints that I make noise in the gear over there..
Shaun: So you have the same trouble as all of us simracers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back