• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

The SimFeedback-AC DIY Motion Simulator thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by sjb266, Sep 17, 2018.

1. sjb266

sjb266

Ratings:
    +421
    Yes I absolutely will add links once the parts are tested.. don't want to waste other peoples time and money..

Regarding the licence.. I don't intend on going into production.. bad choice of words.. but I think some people might require 3D printing service and construction. I believe this is not infringing the terms of the licence. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I meant no offence to the proprietor. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore

Ratings:
    +858
    I'm sure there must be sim racers already making 3DP parts for those without printers. I'd guess the terms of the licence are more concerned with somebody churning them out on eBay or something (which will probably happen anyway). It might be worth checking though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. d69morpwr

d69morpwr

Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone found 110 volt versions of the motors yet?

4. cprelot

cprelot

Ratings:
    +8
    well well...I'am about to confirm my payment for those 4 AC/servo 90ST M02430 on aliexpress
    very excited!

Just to let you know, I live in Canada ,I already start sourcing part from US/canada wherever I fund
    and it's hard to fund the exact K50 tslot extrusion [H950N1010z] from kinetikmsystem
    I already asked them if they ship oversea in case, waiting they response.

But still request quote on some place where they do custom profile...I will link the info when I found them.

5. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    Just be careful guys with buying 3d printed parts from 3rd parties.

I have already seen pictures of 3d printed parts that look the same but weigh half the weight (and half strength) because they were printed with the wrong settings.

I would definitely recommend PTEG instead of PLA, because PLA deteriorates over time.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +262
    Henk, just so you know why i gave the disagree tag,

Please explain how you feel the parts will "loose their strength" with doing a m12 Vs Inserts ?

You seen the Very small .5mm diameter increase required for the m12 correct ?

7. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +262

I found Multiple Ali Sellers if you want me to pass along the info and names. Shoot me a PM.

Also quotes for Shipping to Canada. tho as mentioned earlier the printed parts need a slight tweak to work with said Extrusion.

8. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    I believe it was Hugo who asked if it was possible to drill out the 3D printed parts and use M12 bolts instead. As you know, you should not drillout 3d printed parts.

Redesiging the bearing holder so it fits a M12 bolt is a whole different matter ( as i know you will Nick :))

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +262
    AH, Ok yes, if you Bored out the Stock parts, yes you would be loosing a lot of "perimeters" in your Main m8/m12 Bolt Hole Diameter.

Ok so what your saying is I should get on that sooner than later so its an option for guys....should only take me 5-10 min to re draw those pieces being as simple as they are. :p Mondays project.;)

PS you dont mind me leaving that tag up ? guys will likely read this convo too, so will help clarify for anyone like myself and Hugo

10. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    I've been working on the project all day long

All actuators are assembled, except for the motormounts will are still being printed.

The electronic box is almost completely fininshed and wired up.

[​IMG]

The arduino is wired to the motor drivers and the firmware is installed.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
  11. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +262
    VERY Nice little box henk, I wouldn't expect anything less. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HugoB

HugoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    Nope, didn’t ask that... maybe someone else is asking? ;)

13. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    Sorry mate :)

14. cprelot

cprelot

Ratings:
    +8
    @HoiHman wow man very nice and neat installation, I will do the same all inside a box!

I wonder how you going to plug all 4 controller's to the main power house?
    are you going to use a breaker panel with plugs for the simulator in between the house main power

whenever you fund time , can you please post some pic on how you wiring all 4 servo controller to the power breaker please? thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    Disclaimer: Due to safety and health risks i'm NOT making any recommendations how to connect the servos to a power source. Read the manual if you are unsure, or ask advice of a electrician.

Just remember there's 220v on drivers AND the motors, so make sure you know what you are doing.

After reading and understanding the above and you still want to know what my solution is, you can see it here;

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jJvpY4MurQpR7UsL6

• Like Like x 3
  16. cprelot

cprelot

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes thank you , the latest pictures show was I was looking for :)
    I'm very fine with the rest...

I see on the manual driver can peak 8Amp by motors
    do you think 40amps breaker will be fine for all?

17. sdubbin

sdubbin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    They should be ok of a 32amp ring main. I’m in uk and will connect them to a 13amp plug socket. Should be fine

18. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    So while the motor mount of Actuator nr 4 is still being printed, i thought

" what the heck, let's give it a try" :cool:

Motor nr 4 is rotating, but there's no actuator attached, yet

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  19. HoiHman

HoiHman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +722
    Some more video's

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
  20. sjb266

sjb266

Ratings:
    +421
    Amazing! Well done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.