Apps The Setup Market (Service is down) 0.6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mathieu Labbé submitted a new resource:

The Setup Market - In game setups download and upload

Read more about this resource...
Mathieu Labbé submitted a new resource:

The Setup Market - In game setups download and upload

Read more about this resource...
can't make this work! followed all the install instructions. everything seems to be in the proper place but when I check options/general there is nothing. no ingame app either. your website says that I am linked to AC. What am I missing?

can't make this work! followed all the install instructions. everything seems to be in the proper place but when I check options/general there is nothing. no ingame app either. your website says that I am linked to AC. What am I missing?
Hey LeeRex, thats weird. Could you please attach your py_log.txt file in here? You're sure you've unzip the archive inside you're root assettocorsa/ folder?

What is the proper content for the py_log.txt? Can I just type it in?
It is a log file that keeps record of all python apps. What they do, how they behave, etc. The program writes the log, so there is no point for you to type anything in. It is weird that you have a blank log file. I'm guessing you didn't put the app in the correct place, since you see nothing in options->general.

It is a log file that keeps record of all python apps. What they do, how they behave, etc. The program writes the log, so there is no point for you to type anything in. It is weird that you have a blank log file. I'm guessing you didn't put the app in the correct place, since you see nothing in options->general.
Makes sense...guess I confused a log file with a config file. I'll play around some more and report back....

Its kind of expected that the log file is empty since it will log stuff once its running. Since you cannot even check the app in the game options, it will not write anything. Honestly, the only thing I can see is the file aren't in the right place. Could you maybe post a screenshot showing where the app files are located? Once an app folder with a py file of the same name inside is located inside the apps/python/ folder, it will automatically show up in the options menu. Sorry to ask again but, you're sure you have put the two folders at the assettocorsa/ root folder?

Its kind of expected that the log file is empty since it will log stuff once its running. Since you cannot even check the app in the game options, it will not write anything. Honestly, the only thing I can see is the file aren't in the right place. Could you maybe post a screenshot showing where the app files are located? Once an app folder with a py file of the same name inside is located inside the apps/python/ folder, it will automatically show up in the options menu. Sorry to ask again but, you're sure you have put the two folders at the assettocorsa/ root folder?

Mathieu, Thanks for your help but, frankly, I am still lost......
I did this:
Extract the content of the rar file to your '[where your steam installation is]/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/' folder. (Your instructions)

I found no indication that the folder goes anywhere else. I've moved the files around a bit but am still confused. So could you please tell me exactly what files go where? I apologize if I am missing something. Judging from replies from other guys, they are having no trouble making it work.
Thanks, Lee

Mathieu, Thanks for your help but, frankly, I am still lost......
I did this:
Extract the content of the rar file to your '[where your steam installation is]/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/' folder. (Your instructions)

I found no indication that the folder goes anywhere else. I've moved the files around a bit but am still confused. So could you please tell me exactly what files go where? I apologize if I am missing something. Judging from replies from other guys, they are having no trouble making it work.
Thanks, Lee

Your screenshot:
setup market.PNG

Check General settings and enable thesetupmarket
Thanks to you, all is working now! But the instructions are vague and incomplete in my opinion.
I downloaded the .rar file from Race Department, unzipped it to my desktop, then loaded THAT folder directly to the AC root. I read and re-read the instructions but I cannot find anything that mentions "merging" the two files with those in the AC root. And the folder that is produced when I unzipped the .RAR file is NOT an RAR folder. This is not mentioned either. So, my opinion again, I followed the instructions as they were written. UNLESS I missed something, in which case I apologize for my error. Again, thank you.

Thanks to you, all is working now! But the instructions are vague and incomplete in my opinion.
I downloaded the .rar file from Race Department, unzipped it to my desktop, then loaded THAT folder directly to the AC root. I read and re-read the instructions but I cannot find anything that mentions "merging" the two files with those in the AC root. And the folder that is produced when I unzipped the .RAR file is NOT an RAR folder. This is not mentioned either. So, my opinion again, I followed the instructions as they were written. UNLESS I missed something, in which case I apologize for my error. Again, thank you.
I'm guessing the default option of your upzip software is to extract all contents in a folder with the same name. I think if you use something like "extract here" rather than "extract to thesetupmarket\" it will work better.

Yes I think you're right about that St3fan. I always do extract here in another folder so I never have that extra folder with the same name as the archive. I'll add that part in the install notes, it can never be too clear :)

I'm guessing the default option of your upzip software is to extract all contents in a folder with the same name. I think if you use something like "extract here" rather than "extract to thesetupmarket\" it will work better.

I just couldn't understand why there was a second folder after extracting the .rar. There were no instructions to explain it's appearance. But the guys on this thread were helpful in solving my confusion and I appreciate it.

I just couldn't understand why there was a second folder after extracting the .rar. There were no instructions to explain it's appearance. But the guys on this thread were helpful in solving my confusion and I appreciate it.
The reason I posted those comments above is that there is no extra folder when I extract on my computer. I'm pretty sure you used the "extract to thesetupmarket-0.4.3\..." option rather than the "extract here" option.

so i dont know what the issue is but if i have your app enabled when i try to start up AC it just crashes. any ideas? its only your app causing this via process of elimination i narrowed it down lol

really want to be able to use this as its an awesome app for playing in VR!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%