The Road America competition

Could somebody please enlighten me here.
I wanted to participate in this competition.
I allready own the Group C cars + Rd America.
I thought it was free - probably silly me :whistling:
But when I try to enter this competitions LB/Qual Im presented with this 2x vrp demands.
29 + 200 vrp.
Is that normal - or is it just me they want to stay out?:roflmao:
I mean I will probably still be able to feed my kids - but nowhere in this "invitation" is described anything about a fee/cost.:sneaky:

1.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I dont take any responsibility for the double pic uploads:poop:
That'll be another 29 vrp please.

The 29 sounds like a skin you don't own? The fee is kind of hidden in the actual leaderboard, I missed it as well til I read the dang rules/instructions.
upload_2019-5-15_15-54-1.png

Last edited:
Thank you Duc
That does actually make sense.
And eventhough I allways prefer a free entrance the 200 vrp isnt unreasonable.
They have to pay for the servers - right.
hehe your presumption 29 for the skin is also correct.
Because eventhough I own exactly the correct red Porsche from the correct team I have bought the "wrong" car/#.
What a bummer :)
Thank you for the enlightment ;-)

But my problem at the moment is that I in the Group C Porsche on RdAmerica cannot get any stable laptimes under 1:54.985 :poop:
I thought I could set this damned monster car up but the car is sliding way too much with the rear eventhough the front dont want to rotate.:mad:
Im not moaning because its some challenge to try to drive the car but I wont pay 229 monopoly money for participation if nobody send me a more grippy setup than the base Im tweaking on (962_ROADAMERICA_JANSENV8).
Please:sneaky::sneaky:

How can I get your setup?
Or is it easier for you to to describe the tweaks because I allready have Jansens set?:thumbsup:

I found the setup to be a little on the understeer side, as I like it a little more towards oversteer i made some changes.

Attachments

• 962_ROADAMERICA.svm
    6.3 KB · Views: 119
Thanks Duc - multo appreciated :thumbsup:
I have until now made about 10 variations of Jansens setup.
But they are all very sluggerish and slooow to respond to my steering inputs.
But lately I found out that some of it is because of the diff settings.
And because I use a fully handcontrolled wheel(incl thr/br) Im very dependent of both a good turn in (rotation) combined with a stable (understeer) corner exit.
Hehe my gray hair has become even grayer because it feels like this group C Porsche basically dont want to be handled too quickly.
Racerooms version resembles for me something like a London double decker bus:sneaky:
Ill check your version out:thumbsup:

Reactions: DND
Hey Duc
Your setup is more stable than mine!
So thank you again:thumbsup:
Probably because you use a bit more wing than me(220/219).
And my best laptime with your setup became after short testing extremely close to my former PB.
I had to push the brake bal a bit forward 52>55 because I couldnt control yours.
Im experimenting using your wing setting on my best homegrown setups - hehe but Im still a bit dissapointed I cannot get into top 10 on the Rd America LB for this car.
Im comming from the LMP2 where I frequently was into top 3 so its a bit dissapointing to realise that eventhough I like the sound and sight of this historic group C car Im not as competitive as I hoped for.:sleep:
Bummer.:ninja:
But Im working on it:sneaky:

Reactions: DND
Hehe it took me 2 days and a lot of practice just to get down from #12 > #11 on LB.
I will probably have to admit that Im not the virtual Tom Kristensen.
This thing is pretty hard on your self esteem:sleep::notworthy::sleep:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing