F1 2010 the right gears?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,
I have the feeling that when I shift to the next gear it shifts to too low RPMs and I dont get any acceleration. I also hear the engine boggle down. Is that the gears or just me spinning the rear wheels? Since you can't loose control of the car with full throttle as long as your steering wheel is straight and you cant get any feedback if you spin the rear wheels.

Hi,
I have the feeling that when I shift to the next gear it shifts to too low RPMs and I dont get any acceleration. I also hear the engine boggle down. Is that the gears or just me spinning the rear wheels? Since you can't loose control of the car with full throttle as long as your steering wheel is straight and you cant get any feedback if you spin the rear wheels.

The engine "bogging down" is actually wheelspin, if you use less throttle you will find that the car still accelerates at the same speed but without the unusual engine noise. (it was bugging me too!)

With the gearing i always change it to around 15-20mph gaps between the gears manually. The game seems to like running long gears, particularly seventh gear. Using a custom gear ratio is the way to go.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 156 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 152 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%