The Reason I Haven't Purchased Any Content Yet.....

My main concern is that you need to be connected to their servers in order to play.
What happens if this company goes out of business for good and the servers go down?
What happens to the content we purchased?
We will be not be able to access it any longer if it gets to that point?

Very Understandable. But what SIM has that ever happen to? Look at all the others still around. Im more worried about my iRacing since thats a web based SIM, more likely to lose that than a SIM based in Steam. Just my thoughts.

My main concern is that you need to be connected to their servers in order to play.
What happens if this company goes out of business for good and the servers go down?
If that ever happens I'm sure the game can be put into a permanent offline state or something.

All I can say to that is, GTR, GTR2 and GTL were done under license of 10tacle. When 10 tacle went bankrupt SimBin made sure the servers stayed online. The full Race07 and expansions were developed by SimBin and when SimBin disappeared Sector3 made sure servers stayed online. All be it with a little hick-up.

Now +10 years and 2 companies later the servers for the first games remain online (lord knows for how long) which has to mean something in this day and age where 3-4 years is already stretching the lifetime of a game.

But in the end its your money, you and only you can decide when and where you spend it :)

Perfectly agree but sometimes in the would would be nice to have an offline mode...in the summer I go to my house in the country where i have no internet on the pc...this means i can't play raceroom for about 2 or 3 months...not a good thing for me... :p :)

Perfectly agree but sometimes in the would would be nice to have an offline mode...in the summer I go to my house in the country where i have no internet on the pc...this means i can't play raceroom for about 2 or 3 months...not a good thing for me... :p :)
This is exactly what I'm talking about Jay.
GTR, Race 07, and so can be played in offline mode. In regards to RRE and DTM, you can't play in offline mode.

I can tell you this.
If Raceroom got shot down today, I would be devastated!
But not for the 90€ I have put on this game.. It have given me +160 hours of pure pleasure, and have been worth every penny of what it have given me up till now!
But what would devastate me is that I couldn't play my favorite sim anymore.

I can somewhat understand your point of worries, and the lack of offline mode.
But I hope if that day comes, they figure something out.
And like I said.
I have burned 90€ on far less things in my days, that haven't even given me half of what R3E have given me!

opens up a huge can of worms in my opinion , i understand that it would be useful , id like it but understand many companies reluctance to have an offline mode and seeing as r3e has many web based aspects/features it would involve a **** load of work and risk ... again imho

Andi

• Mikko Lashay

Should you fear it no more than in any other comp I think. There is a bit of judgement and gamble in every choice. Give as much as you can afford and enjoy what you get. If that "out of business" happens they've always proved to find a way to service-recover even in minor cases in which most companies wouldn't give a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, I live in nz which has one of the slowest and most expensive internet connections in the western world (and it drops randomly.) but I can play a singleplayer race in raceroom even if the internet drops half way (though I have to be very patient in the menu at peak hours). the only time i see internet being a problem is when you aren't at home and who takes their wheel where there is no internet.

but I do understand why you might be weary of a company that forces you to be online (i refuse to play anything that reqires uplay or origin) . I trust simbin though they have produce so many great games in the past i cant not trust them.

I won't be surprised (maybe just a bit) if S3S adds the SP Offline mode in one of their next updates/final release.
After all I think that being in beta stage (and Alpha for the multiplayer) Internet connection is currently required as they might need to get data and usage and other stuff I don't honestly know. All to analyze and improve their game. It could be a bummer for some of us who has super-slow Internet connection, but important to continue the development of R3E

no i dont think it will ever have offline mode due to its free2play format but hopefully they can use it to expand the multiplayer system and add more enjoyment in that area of the game.
Being f2p has nothing to do with being online or offline. Basic example: most of phone "games" are f2p and you can play them offline. Advanced example: Garry's Mod has a single player mode and you can play it offline as your going to play alone.

My question for S3 is: As I think you need us to be connected to get data from us to improve the game, how much is this going to last?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%