The RaceDepartment Podcast | S2, E3 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next instalment of the RaceDepartment Podcast is now available to download!

Our latest musings on the world of real and virtual motorsport is available now from your podcast provider of choice! With @Paul Glover, @Davide Nativo and @Daniel Monteiro spending time in the virtual studio discussing a wide ranging number of topics from within our favourite hobby, we have plenty to keep you entertained during the long days of enforced lockdown...

For this episode, we discuss the recent rapid rise of Esport within the public consciousness, from famous names taking to the virtual tarmac, to seeing the often hidden side to a number of current Grand Prix drivers. We also talk about what our sport could look like when the world returns to some semblance of order after the COVID-19 crisis comes to an end, the lack of official Esport series for some big name active championships... and plenty more besides!

Stay inside, save lives everyone!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all our broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:

Please do feel free to leave us a review on your podcast service of choice - help spread the word!

Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

As always, our thanks to @RasmusP for his audio editing goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although eSports have never ever been interesting to watch (I mean to me, maybe you like it and it's OK). But although I have never ever been interested in watching boys wearing sponsers tshirts which sizes are too big for them, but I imagined what the guys said about a rally esport with good work on showing you the onboards on split screen. Maybe a helicopter cam showing you the cars ghosted and you get excited when someone gets behind then in front the other? I always loved Rally but couldn't watch because there is no compelling way to broadcast it on TV same as what they do for a steaming hot single Moto3 race for example. Maybe the onboards cameras are epic but that's about it. Sim racing can overcome these difficulties since everything is on software already and you only need to click.

Now moving to the much much more important thing mentioned:
An idea of a BTCC sim made by Konus? Yes yes yes please. Take my money already. By the way today there is TCR series in RRRE, but a brand new sim title? yes yes yes please.

Although eSports have never ever been interesting to watch (I mean to me, maybe you like it and it's OK). But although I have never ever been interested in watching boys wearing sponsers tshirts which sizes are too big for them, but I imagined what the guys said about a rally esport with good work on showing you the onboards on split screen. Maybe a helicopter cam showing you the cars ghosted and you get excited when someone gets behind then in front the other? I always loved Rally but couldn't watch because there is no compelling way to broadcast it on TV same as what they do for a steaming hot single Moto3 race for example. Maybe the onboards cameras are epic but that's about it. Sim racing can overcome these difficulties since everything is on software already and you only need to click.

Now moving to the much much more important thing mentioned:
An idea of a BTCC sim made by Konus? Yes yes yes please. Take my money already. By the way today there is TCR series in RRRE, but a brand new sim title? yes yes yes please.

And I know there is nothing like that but hey, who doesn't like hype.

Nice podcast, I've been tuning in this season.
IMO the best eSeries at the moment is Virgin Australia Supercars eSeries which is broadcast weekly on facebook, twitch, maybe somewhere else as well. They have all the official drivers plus wildcard entries like Max Verstappen, Lando Norris, USA drivers, retired drivers etc. They use official liveries and the same driving standards avisor is doing the scrutineering to add to the penalties used in iRacing. Real world commentators as well.

EDIT: FIA WRX eseries is also quite entertaining with Neil Cole and Andrew Coley commentating.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing