The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1, E9)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Podcast Out Now EP9.png

The RaceDepartment Podcast Episode 9 is now live!

In this bumper record length episode we have quite the discussion around the world of long distance endurance racing, from the real to the virtual, from Le Mans 24 Hours to new rFactor 2 content..

Other topics up for discussion in our 9th instalment of the RD Podcast see Paul Glover, Davide Nativo, Joseph Wright and Paul Jeffrey cover off the 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours, the new Circuit de la Sarthe DLC for rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa Competizione V1 release and the subsequent issues with the software, the ongoing drama behind the Rich Energy and Haas F1 sponsorship deal and the hot topic of the motorsport world - new for 2020/21 WEC 'Hypercar' regulations. Oh, and a few occasions of impromptu singing...

So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself over to your podcast streaming service of choice, download, listen, subscribe and help us spread the word amongst the podcast listening racing community!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:
Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I enjoyed some of this on the way home from work. And I'll enjoy some more on the way back to work tomorrow.
(Secretly hoping for heavy traffic...)
Top drawer stuff as usual guys, and the sound balance is really good now too. Starting to sound like you've been at this podcast malarkey for years! :thumbsup:

Thanks man - these things take time to gel together but slowly we are getting it sorted I hope :)

Thanks for the comments, it does genuinely mean a whole load to us to hear comments about what people think of the podcasts and how they enjoy listening to them - so thank you everyone !

Looking forward to the next one... 10th episode so thinking of doing something a little bit different and special... stay tuned for more news on that in a week or so time...

Another fascinating episode, gents, thank you! I appreciated your candor discussing ACC and Le Mans pricing. Realness will help make the situation better all around.

This episode really makes me want to go to Le Mans again. But to maybe hold off until the new Hyper cars are there.
Got to start planning that trip as part of a visit back to see family in the UK somehow... :rolleyes:
Top stuff guys. Loved this podcast and already looking forward to the next one.

Currently halfway through this episode, you've come a long way since episode 1 congrats guys.

Quickly on the topic of AI strength across tracks in RF2, a lot of that is down to the modder of the track who creates the AIW fast/block paths etc. Unfortunately it's a difficult process to unify all tracks to say 100% because of the way the AI is coded, not to mention each individual human requires different strength levels of opponents, then there's the talent files of different cars that could be vastly different from mod to mod. Simply put theres a thousand variables that makes up the AI in RF2, so you can imagine the work needed to bring it altogether!
On that note S397 are going to look into the AI issues (I'm giving them a helping nudge!) as Marcel said in the live stream, i wouldn't expect a rewrite of the code though more a meaningful bug fix throughout...but you never know what the future brings as they kept Le Mans a secret for so long!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%