The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1,E8)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Podcast Out Now EP8.png

The latest edition of the RaceDepartment Podcast is now live!

This week Paul Glover, Davide Nativo and Paul Jeffrey discuss in-depth the recently announced Automobilista 2 simulation, have a look back at the disaster than was McLaren and Fernando Alonso's Indy 500 bid, talk about the newly released RaceRoom FR90 historic Grand Prix car, get excited about Le Mans and rFactor 2 and reflect on the newly set electric lap record at the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany - amongst many other things!

So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself over to your podcast streaming service of choice, download, listen, subscribe and help us spread the word amongst the podcast listening racing community!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:

Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Ooooh there was a reference to the VW ID.R record on the Nordschleife... AND a reference to the car being available in RaceRoom... finally ;)

Last edited:
No discussion about the full release of ACC? I thought that was the biggest news of the week, no?

Hi Johnathan, felt we discussed the full release on the previous podcast and have talked about ACC quite a bit up until now. Decided that it would be a good idea to give other topics and games their time in the limelight.

There will be plenty more podcasts where we will discuss ACC I am sure.

Thanks for your question.

Last edited:
Hi Johnathan, felt we discussed the full release on the previous podcast and have talked about ACC quite a bit up until now. Decided that it would be a good idea to give other topics and games their time in the limelight.

A more cynical person might think that the blog avoiding discussing both the ACC Matchmaking scam and the ACC v1.0 launch fiasco might be linked to RDs commercial links with Kunos. I am relieved that this wasn't the reason both topics were avoided, and look forward to RDs robust criticism of Kunos in future episodes.

Your choice to cover whatever you want, of course. But it still seems strange to me to not talk about it going to 1.0, to not talk about all the new content in it and to not have an opportunity to discuss the controversial state of the current release. I’m a massive fanboy of ACC so was preparing for a barrage of criticism with some trepidation but - nothing. Like I say, up to you, but IMHO it’s an odd editorial decision.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%