The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1,E7)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Podcast Out Now 7.png

The latest episode of the RaceDepartment Podcast is now ready to download!

For the first time in a while we have a full house this week! In our latest episode Paul Glover, Davide Nativo, Joseph Wright and Paul Jeffrey discuss a wide range of real and virtual motorsport for your listening pleasure.

This week we discuss the most recent happenings in the world of sim racing... we consider the new iRacing damage model and what it means for sim racing in future, the massive milestone of over 10,000 mod uploads for Assetto Corsa and the work of our wonderful modding community, the advancements in game AI thanks to the upcoming MotoGP 19 game from Milestone, changes to the Grand Prix calendar and plenty more besides!

So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself over to your podcast streaming service of choice, download, listen, subscribe and help us spread the word amongst the podcast listening racing community!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:

Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

Last edited:
Another good episode, thank you, well done.

I was particularly interested in the neural ai discussion. I imagine, on the whole, if it is pre-generated ai, that it will at least improve the nuance of ai, how they move on the track, and the options that are available to them, even if it still means their full set of options is limited.

Can't wait for ai that actually thinks on-track, though.

Thanks for another enjoyable episode, had to catch up on a few recently so a bit late but thanks for adding bookmarks, means I can skip the boring F1 chat ;)

The neural ai discussion was good, I think there's a lot more to AI than we even think so the future is looking good, I hope this takes off in some respect. Strange that you didn't mention iracing ai update later this year, not sure what direction they're going in but I bet its the same as current sims and not neural in any way.

but I bet its the same as current sims and not neural in any way.

Hey Marc,

Tested it out at the expo last year (very, very early build) and speak with the iRacing guys over the months - their version will be the "standard" AI same as the other sims. I'm sure, when release time is either very close or just passed, we will pick that up on the nearest podcast.

Cheers!
P

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%