• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1,E7)

Discussion in 'RaceDepartment Podcast' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 17, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +21,340
    Podcast Out Now 7.png
    The latest episode of the RaceDepartment Podcast is now ready to download!

For the first time in a while we have a full house this week! In our latest episode Paul Glover, Davide Nativo, Joseph Wright and Paul Jeffrey discuss a wide range of real and virtual motorsport for your listening pleasure.

This week we discuss the most recent happenings in the world of sim racing... we consider the new iRacing damage model and what it means for sim racing in future, the massive milestone of over 10,000 mod uploads for Assetto Corsa and the work of our wonderful modding community, the advancements in game AI thanks to the upcoming MotoGP 19 game from Milestone, changes to the Grand Prix calendar and plenty more besides!

So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself over to your podcast streaming service of choice, download, listen, subscribe and help us spread the word amongst the podcast listening racing community!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:

Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,979
    Thanks guys, another great listen :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +691
    Thanks for this. Listened to some on the treadmill this morning. One nitpick... could do with some progressive house to liven it up a bit... :sneaky:;) [jokes obvs]
    Can't wait to listen to the rest. Thank you all! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +21,340
    Nooooo!

The Who or The Beatles - only music that exists... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +691
    Only music that matches those shirts... :sneaky:;):roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,076
    I bet you do a Paul Weller tribute at karaoke lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +21,340
    More I see, more I know
    The more I know, the less I understand
    I'm a changing man!

:D

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    Another good episode, thank you, well done.

I was particularly interested in the neural ai discussion. I imagine, on the whole, if it is pre-generated ai, that it will at least improve the nuance of ai, how they move on the track, and the options that are available to them, even if it still means their full set of options is limited.

Can't wait for ai that actually thinks on-track, though.

9. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +622
    Thanks for another enjoyable episode, had to catch up on a few recently so a bit late but thanks for adding bookmarks, means I can skip the boring F1 chat ;)

The neural ai discussion was good, I think there's a lot more to AI than we even think so the future is looking good, I hope this takes off in some respect. Strange that you didn't mention iracing ai update later this year, not sure what direction they're going in but I bet its the same as current sims and not neural in any way.

10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +21,340
    Hey Marc,

Tested it out at the expo last year (very, very early build) and speak with the iRacing guys over the months - their version will be the "standard" AI same as the other sims. I'm sure, when release time is either very close or just passed, we will pick that up on the nearest podcast.

Cheers!
    P

• Like Like x 2
  11. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +622
    Good to know thanks Paul :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.