The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1, E3)

I started listening to this episode today, my mind wandered as you talked about F1 (I have zero interest in it!) and then I picked up on the Formula-E bit.
Interesting to hear your thoughts on Formula-W, I'm firmly in the PJ camp and agreed with most of what he said.

I hope to pick up the rest tomorrow, so far another fabulous listening pleasure....bar the F1 chat :p

Funny thing for me is I'm an EVangelist about electric cars when it comes to day to day road cars, having had an i3 in 2015 and now moved to a Passat GTE as I needed 5 seats and model 3 isn't ready for UK yet. But, I go to Le Mans every year (since 2010) and would stop going if it was all EVs. Hybrids are great, they make sense capturing energy that can shoot you down the next straight. But for me motor racing is about the spectacle. Even though I'm a bit of a tree hugger, I'm also a conflicted petrol head. But if there were no Aston Vantages, Corvettes, LMP race engines, all those different sounds, you'd lose what makes it appealing. The Audi R18 was disliked by a lot of fans as it was so quiet, but their chief engineer explained that because they were using an energy recovery turbine in the exhaust to capture a few kW to charge the battery which would otherwise escape as sounds.

You guys thought about doing 2 podcasts a week?
You guys usually go over your own allotted time for the cast, which is no bad thing in my book, but then we have to wait a whole week for the next one. Some of the subjects you talk about almost warrant their own cast.
Anyway, just wanted to say that these podcasts are awesome and I'm always looking forward to the next one.
Keep up the excellent work guys! :thumbsup:

You guys thought about doing 2 podcasts a week?
You guys usually go over your own allotted time for the cast, which is no bad thing in my book, but then we have to wait a whole week for the next one. Some of the subjects you talk about almost warrant their own cast.
Anyway, just wanted to say that these podcasts are awesome and I'm always looking forward to the next one.
Keep up the excellent work guys! :thumbsup:

Every two weeks with the odd bonus pod works well, means we do not struggle for content.

Thanks for the kind words.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back